Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, News Worthy, Other Musings, Why Not?

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty!

My dear friend/blogger bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award on me.  Go visit Aileen at Write Now for some soul sustenance. She’s an intuitive lady with goodness, warmth and humor and she’s won numerous awards in acting.  Wow, these bloggers around here never cease to amaze me.  Thank you, Aileen.

Press Play below to feel pretty while you’re reading: alt

The Beautiful Blogger Award is for those blogs that are creative, original and add to the blogging community.  You’re supposed to bestow it on seven people and here’s the “rules:”  I say, no worries if you’re a rule-breaker, then just put the award on your blog.

• Link to the creative, beautiful genius that bestowed it upon you. (see above)
  • List seven random things about yourself. (see below)
  • Send said award to seven (or how ever many you want) other creative, beautiful geniuses. (see below after the random things).
  • Tell those lucky people that you’ve done this and give em’ the rules. (I’m telling you now.)
  1. I won the Miss Smiley contest when I was five in vacation Bible school.  I also made jewelry boxes out of cigar boxes with painted macaroni glued on to them and popsicle-stick houses.

I’m Miss Smiley and I feel pretty.

2. I was a Girl Scout and won more awards than any one else in my troop.
  3. I once rode a float in the Strawberry Festival when I was in high school because I placed in our H.S. “Beauty Revue.” (I know I hate those contests and think they should be outlawed, but I was young and insecure then).  I wore a hot-pink, one-shouldered mini jungle dress and my mother made me put band-aids over my boobs in case the wind blew and I got cold.
  4. I read over 300 books (more than anyone else) when I was in third grade and got a Star Award (my name on a big board with a star next to it) and pencils with my name in silver glitter lettering. (Can you tell I like awards?)
  5. I was a traffic reporter and “radio personality” for six years.  I didn’t like it because I thought it was boring.
  6. I’m most comfortable in jeans, tee-shirts and flip-flops.
  7. My hubby and I love to go to vineyards and wine tastings.  When I taste, I don’t swirl the vino around in my mouth and spit it in a pot.  I swallow it.  Every single time.

Maggie at Someone Fat Happened.  She just got the Sunshine Award from me.  She’s hilarious and brutally honest  Plus, she makes awards for other people.  She’s the Award Madame.

Madame Weebles at Fear No Weebles. Just started following her blog.  She’s another funny lady plus with a name like Madame Weebles, how can you not be curious?  She’s even got a Weebles Board of Directors.

Mike at Roam About Mike.  He won’t accept it but I don’t care, I’m giving it to him anyway.  Another stunningly-funny blog.

Emi at Four Leaves.  She’s a young lady with lots of inspirational posts, poems and musings about life.  Some real feel-good stuff here.

Theodora at People, Places and Bling.  She lives and writes about things in Paris.  The pics are scrumptious on her blog.  In one of her posts, she wrote about “hot footin’ it over to the Louvre” when she has a challenging day.  Sigh.

Vikki from The View Outside.  She’s a writer, very nice person and almost always takes the time to say something encouraging to fellow bloggers.  She just finished a major writing challenge.  That’s pretty beautiful in my book.

Floating With The Breeze.  She just began following me and she’s about to embark on a new adventure.  Not sure if she has this award or not, but here’s to feeling beautiful and if you’ve received it twice, that’s a very good omen.

If you’re not on the above list and i awarded you the Sunshine Award a few days ago, click HERE, and take this one too.  Feel pretty and have a beautiful weekend, y’all.

18 thoughts on “I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty!

1. Brigitte, you and I are getting to be the mutual admiration society. I just posted your new awards!! I made them just for you! And thank you for your kind words. I feel like an ass now for not writing more about you. Pretty soon you and I will be in trouble for playing “tea parties” on the blogosphere. Did you have that No Tea Parties rule in elementary school? Playing 4 square? with the red ball? no?

nevermind.

xoxoxox

Posted by Maggie O'C | May 4, 2012, 11:48 am
    • Thank you Maggie for the ooh-la-la awards! :). Just got in trouble for jumping out the window in elementary school. :).

Posted by Brigitte | May 4, 2012, 11:58 am
  2. I’m extremely excited and flattered! Thank you! I’m just learning about the world of blog awards thanks to you and Maggie O’C so I will be sure to pass on the love.

Posted by Madame Weebles | May 4, 2012, 12:04 pm
  3. Thank you so much! I’m so flattered and grateful! I can’t wait to make a post about this!! :)

You definitely deserve this! Congratulations!!

Posted by Emi | May 4, 2012, 12:37 pm
  4. Thank you. I’m putting all these awards on my fridge. Which is visited more often than my website. :)

Posted by mabukach | May 4, 2012, 6:19 pm
    • Ha! Well good then. It’s all just fun and silliness, but glad you’re got a good place to stick them. :).

Posted by Brigitte | May 5, 2012, 7:32 am
  5. Oh wow, thank you so much honey!!!!! :)

Xx

Posted by Vikki (The View Outside) | May 5, 2012, 2:49 am
  6. Thank you so much Brigitte – my first award. Please be patient with me. I am severely jet lagged after 23 hours on a long haul flight to the UK and am new at blogging so have no idea how to go about all this. Will work it out in a few days when I can get my head around exactly where I am and what time of day it is!! :)

Posted by floatingwiththebreeze | May 6, 2012, 3:43 pm
  7. Congratulations, Brigitte!! The “Beautiful Blogger” award suits both you and your site. Your posts are always smart and witty, too (like a stylish pantsuit, as my grandmother would say). I now can’t get the “I Feel Pretty” tune out of my mind. Not that I’m trying. And speaking of drama, I really enjoyed your recent cinema banter. Perhaps we’ll see more in the future? My fingers and toes are crossed. Again, bravo!! Theadora (And thanks!! Forgive me for the delay! I’ve been working “in the field” in New York.)

Posted by Theadora | May 8, 2012, 12:05 pm
    • Hi Theodora, Thanks you for your very sweet comments. That song makes me laugh everytime — I want to spin around on top of a mountain singing like a crazy person and yeah, it does get stuck in your head. I’ve thought about writing a blog on guys on film — glad you enjoyed. Good luck with your field work — you’re near my neck of the woods. :). Be well and thanks again!

Posted by Brigitte | May 8, 2012, 1:08 pm
  8. Hi Brigitte, how do you put a link in a post? Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction. I can’t seem to make it work. :)

Posted by floatingwiththebreeze | May 8, 2012, 2:55 pm
  9. I was just given you blog information and am so new at this I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. Enjoying your Banter. THank you for the awards idea. I’ll have to give that a try. Now that I have some thoughts in my head I best put them down on paper…pardonmybag

Posted by pardonmybag | September 10, 2012, 4:53 pm
    • Hi there! I’m so glad and thank you for visiting. I hope you will come back and read more. You are welcome to join the Banter anytime — all are welcome here!

Posted by Brigitte | September 10, 2012, 9:02 pm

Enter your email address to keep up with all the latest Banter...I'll pop up in your email when you least expect it...

Nice people who've visited