My dear friend/blogger bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award on me. Go visit Aileen at Write Now for some soul sustenance. She’s an intuitive lady with goodness, warmth and humor and she’s won numerous awards in acting. Wow, these bloggers around here never cease to amaze me. Thank you, Aileen.
The Beautiful Blogger Award is for those blogs that are creative, original and add to the blogging community. You’re supposed to bestow it on seven people and here’s the “rules:” I say, no worries if you’re a rule-breaker, then just put the award on your blog.
- Link to the creative, beautiful genius that bestowed it upon you. (see above)
- List seven random things about yourself. (see below)
- Send said award to seven (or how ever many you want) other creative, beautiful geniuses. (see below after the random things).
- Tell those lucky people that you’ve done this and give em’ the rules. (I’m telling you now.)
- I won the Miss Smiley contest when I was five in vacation Bible school. I also made jewelry boxes out of cigar boxes with painted macaroni glued on to them and popsicle-stick houses.
- I was a Girl Scout and won more awards than any one else in my troop.
- I once rode a float in the Strawberry Festival when I was in high school because I placed in our H.S. “Beauty Revue.” (I know I hate those contests and think they should be outlawed, but I was young and insecure then). I wore a hot-pink, one-shouldered mini jungle dress and my mother made me put band-aids over my boobs in case the wind blew and I got cold.
- I read over 300 books (more than anyone else) when I was in third grade and got a Star Award (my name on a big board with a star next to it) and pencils with my name in silver glitter lettering. (Can you tell I like awards?)
- I was a traffic reporter and “radio personality” for six years. I didn’t like it because I thought it was boring.
- I’m most comfortable in jeans, tee-shirts and flip-flops.
- My hubby and I love to go to vineyards and wine tastings. When I taste, I don’t swirl the vino around in my mouth and spit it in a pot. I swallow it. Every single time.
Maggie at Someone Fat Happened. She just got the Sunshine Award from me. She’s hilarious and brutally honest Plus, she makes awards for other people. She’s the Award Madame.
Madame Weebles at Fear No Weebles. Just started following her blog. She’s another funny lady plus with a name like Madame Weebles, how can you not be curious? She’s even got a Weebles Board of Directors.
Mike at Roam About Mike. He won’t accept it but I don’t care, I’m giving it to him anyway. Another stunningly-funny blog.
Emi at Four Leaves. She’s a young lady with lots of inspirational posts, poems and musings about life. Some real feel-good stuff here.
Theodora at People, Places and Bling. She lives and writes about things in Paris. The pics are scrumptious on her blog. In one of her posts, she wrote about “hot footin’ it over to the Louvre” when she has a challenging day. Sigh.
Vikki from The View Outside. She’s a writer, very nice person and almost always takes the time to say something encouraging to fellow bloggers. She just finished a major writing challenge. That’s pretty beautiful in my book.
Floating With The Breeze. She just began following me and she’s about to embark on a new adventure. Not sure if she has this award or not, but here’s to feeling beautiful and if you’ve received it twice, that’s a very good omen.
If you’re not on the above list and i awarded you the Sunshine Award a few days ago, click HERE, and take this one too. Feel pretty and have a beautiful weekend, y’all.