Other Musings, Why Not?

Wah, Wah

I am a grown woman and I want my Mommy.

It all started Saturday night after hubby and I went out to a little Frenchy-French restaurant for dinner.  The food was pretty good and we had a bottle of wine.  When we got home, I had this tickle in my throat and I said to him that night, I feel as if I’m getting a sore throat.

I got up Sunday morning and was feeling kind of meh.  Hubby goes to work and we plan to go to the movies after he gets home in the afternoon.  I mow the yard.  I really like doing this, yard work, but after I finished I felt extremely tired and my throat felt really bad.  Then my head felt stuffed up and the coughing began.

I pushed one of these for about two hours.

It’s been downhill since then and I never get sick.  But I’ve got one of those crappy summer colds that’s caused me to have a box of tissues nearby and suck on Ricola lozenzes throughout the day and night.  I even went to the doc and she prescribed some antibiotics (I’ve not taken these in years) and they make my stomach hurt.  I hate being sick. I hate not feeling well.  I hate it and I want my mommy.

Sicky Survival Kit.

But she lives far, far away and hubby has to do.  He does a really good job of it, making me chicken and rice and soup, asking me if I need anything.  And, I’ve snapped at him, been grouchy because the “kind” Brigitte you read about here at the Banter is not that when she’s sick.

She’s a big whiny baby that’s mad because she doesn’t feel well.  Anyway, in case you were wondering why I’ve not posted and been as active about commenting on all your lovely blogs, that’s it.  If any of my new followers are reading this, I’m not usually this grumpy and I plan to visit you soon!

I like to leave kind, insightful comments and between coughing up phlegm, blowing my nose and whining like a big baby, I thought it’d best if I just say hello this way.  These drugs better start working soon.

I want my Mommy.

Photo creds:  baby

81 thoughts on “Wah, Wah

1. I questioned whether to “Like” this or not ’cause I’m certainly not likin’ the fact that you’re sicky-poo. Ugh. I hate being sick, too.
    Brig, you need plenty of rest. Go put your stuffed up head down on a comfortable pillow and get cozy. Just block out all the noise of the world and rest your sweet head… zzz…zz…z..

Feel better, soon!

Posted by A Gripping Life | September 13, 2012, 12:57 pm
    • Ah, Grippy thank you and I know you don’t like. I don’t either but I’ve been napping and am feeling better slowly but surely. xxoo

Posted by Brigitte | September 13, 2012, 3:46 pm
  2. Feel better Brig. Being sick is the pits.

Posted by Fish Out of Water | September 13, 2012, 12:58 pm
  3. Take this opportunity to read a book you know you love -

Posted by Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher | September 13, 2012, 1:06 pm
  4. Hope you feel better soon! My other half is pretty good when I’m feeling grotty, but he tends to feed me tea!

Posted by runesandrhinestones | September 13, 2012, 1:15 pm
    • Hi R&R and welcome. Yes, hubby is wonderful and understands why I’m grumpy. Thank you and hope you’ll come back again when I can be more cordial and welcoming. ;).

Posted by Brigitte | September 13, 2012, 3:49 pm
  5. You’re a heckuvalot nicer than I am when you’re feeling crappy…I tell ‘em all to get outta my face! So, with good wishes, I’m getting out of yours! xoxoxoM

Posted by Margarita | September 13, 2012, 1:24 pm
  6. Feel better Brig. Go rest with the window open so you can hear birds and have sweet dreams. xoxox

Posted by Maggie O'C | September 13, 2012, 1:50 pm
  7. Aww Brigitte – if you lived closer I would make you chicken soup–no I wouldn’t cause I like you and I do not know how to make chicken soup–but I would make you tea–hope you feel better soon
    P.S. I like cutting grass too

Posted by on thehomefrontandbeyond | September 13, 2012, 1:55 pm
  8. Sorry to hear you’re sick. Get well and come out to play, Soon!!

Posted by Honie Briggs | September 13, 2012, 1:58 pm
  9. Oh, I hope you feeling better soon, take it easy. X

Posted by manty67 | September 13, 2012, 2:03 pm
  10. Summer colds suck. Be as grumpy as you want. That’s the only way to clear the things.

Posted by Carrie Rubin | September 13, 2012, 2:21 pm
  11. Aw poor Brigitte — this is for you ~hug hug hug~

How nice to have such a loving hubby…

Posted by Sword-chinned bitch | September 13, 2012, 2:47 pm
  12. get well soon. I love your pic of “vin de tete de porc” by the way. i lolled. as in actually laughed out loud, not just thought “that’s funny, i’ll put lol”

Posted by The Reclining Gentleman | September 13, 2012, 2:54 pm
  13. I know how you feel. It is not a good time for me right now either. I’ve been taking care of my sick 2 year old grandson who has had a cold for almost a week now. He cries for his mommy all day when he is not sleeping. After today, I’ll have him for only one more day. Hopefully the poor lad will feel well enough to go to nursery on Monday.

Posted by thehealthywarrior | September 13, 2012, 2:59 pm
    • Hey Healthy, yes, but I’m not two, I just act like a two-year-old when I’m sick! It’s silly, I know but I hope you don’t catch that cold. If it’s like this one, it’s a nasty one. :(.

Posted by Brigitte | September 13, 2012, 3:54 pm
  14. Feel better. I hope you can get some rest.

Posted by Elizabeth | September 13, 2012, 3:21 pm
  15. Dearest Brig,
    Feel better. I prescribe: osilicoccinum, coconut oil (rub on body….eat if you can handle it….and Seinfeld)
    If I were closer, I would come over and bring you all three. :)
    Love, Lis
    xoxooxoxoxx

Posted by Carr Party of Five | September 13, 2012, 3:39 pm
    • Lis, you’re so nice. Thank you. I’ve got some episodes of Seinfeld — that helps and thank you, sweet friend. You’re wonderful. xxoo

Posted by Brigitte | September 13, 2012, 3:55 pm
  16. Oh no… I totally know how you feel as i was really sick a few weeks ago and I too wanted my Mommy.. get yourself plenty of rest, fluids and give yourself a cyber hug from all of us :-)

Posted by free penny press | September 13, 2012, 3:40 pm
    • Lynne, knew you’d understand! Thank you so much — I’ll take your cyber hug. It’s so nice. I’m off for another nap. xxoo

Posted by Brigitte | September 13, 2012, 3:56 pm
  17. Get well soon Brigitte, poor lady :)

Posted by sarafoley | September 13, 2012, 4:31 pm
  18. I think it’s universal to want your mama when you’re sick. In fact, this post made me want mine even without a cold. I hope you feel better soon! Summer colds are the pits.

Posted by RFL | September 13, 2012, 4:33 pm
  19. Oh B, if I were there I’d make you some chicken soup and bring you ice cream. But you’re right, nobody does comfort and a kiss on the head like Mom.

Posted by Madame Weebles | September 13, 2012, 5:57 pm
  20. Sending healing vibes your way. Being sick sucks!

Posted by Change My Body...Change My Life | September 13, 2012, 5:57 pm
  21. drink your oj and feel better Brigitte. and I had to chuckle at you apologizing to your new readers.. grumpy? You cannot even be grumpy in a post. This is nooo where near grumpiness.
    Rest and be well
    A

Posted by unfetteredbs | September 13, 2012, 7:31 pm
    • Thanks Audra. Been doing all that and I’m getting impatient. If I let loose, I’d be afraid of what I might say (type) so I kept the grumpy at a minimum. Thank you, friend.

Posted by Brigitte | September 13, 2012, 7:43 pm
      • well feel better. I am sorry you are not feeling well . That is the pits.. so rant on!

Posted by unfetteredbs | September 13, 2012, 7:44 pm
  22. I’m not sick often either so when I am, like you, I get well…unbearable to be around. I hope you feel better soon!

Posted by dianasschwenk | September 13, 2012, 7:34 pm
  23. I’ll pass on the like button because I don’t like that you’re sick. Take care of yourself and get better soon. When you do, do something nice for hubby to say thanks for taking care of you. :)

Posted by jmmcdowell | September 13, 2012, 8:20 pm
  24. I am not your mama, but I am A mama, so I will fix you a bowl of WordPress soup. Start with a good stock from Sweet Mother, throw in some hearty grain like quinoa from Le Clown, add some veggies from Grippy’s garden (I have no idea if she has a garden but she seems like she would) and then I will add some free range chicken because I seem to always have one in the fridge. Ta-da! Now get some rest and feel better soon, Brig.

Posted by The Waiting | September 13, 2012, 8:22 pm
    • Emily, that’s so nice. That all sounds so nice, especially the veggies and free-range chicken. Thanks so much for your well wishes, friend.

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 10:31 am
  25. Being grumpy is all part of the cure. If you aren’t grumpy, you’ll be sick for longer. Totally true. :)
    I am sorry you aren’t feeling well. Rest and drink lots of water.

Posted by Subtlekate | September 13, 2012, 9:58 pm
    • Hi Kate, you know I think it is! I’ve got a good case of it going on, trust me. Thank you dear friend for the advice and the well wishes.

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 10:35 am
  26. So sorry you’re not feeling well! And seeing that it’s also a summer cold on top of everything else….. my deepest sympathies, dear Brigitte. In case the sore throat is still there, I recommend some warm water with honey and lemon. Works wonders for me, though I’ve recommended it to other people with varying results. Still, a warm drink might help you feel slightly less grouchy. Hope you get lots of rest this weekend and feel better soon!

Posted by lillianccc | September 13, 2012, 10:02 pm
    • Hi Lillian, yes tea and honey soothes somewhat. It’s the coughing and all that that makes a person grouchy because sleep is affected. These summer things kick the winter thing’s a*s, know what I mean. I’m so over it! Thank you so much for your kindness.

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 10:37 am
  27. Get better soon, and be nice to the hubby! It’s not his fault you’re sick!
    This is a PSA from all the hubbies in the world.

Posted by Drew Pan | September 14, 2012, 12:35 am
    • Drew, thank you! You even made me laugh. I will pass your PSA along to hubby and I’m sure he agrees, but he still allows it– he’s that great. Thanks so much, Drew.

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 10:38 am
  28. Poor you! But even when you’re grumpy, your writing is still lively. Get lots of sleep, my friend!

Posted by Deliberately Delicious | September 14, 2012, 12:43 am
    • Sally, that’s so nice. Thank you. I am trying, hopefully this will have run its course by the end of the weekend. I’ve over it! So appreciate your sentiments. :).

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 10:39 am
  29. I always want my mum when I’m poorly – but I now live over an hour and a half’s drive away at university, so I just have to man up! I hope you feel better really soon!

Posted by littlenavyfish | September 14, 2012, 4:44 am
    • Hi Little Navy — welcome and hope you’ll come back when I’m feeling better but you’re so nice to stop by and express your well wishes! You are right, I am manning up now!! :).

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 10:40 am
  30. Hope you feel better soon, Brig. I’m glad you wrote about it. I think that helps. The worst thing is to try to be cheerful when you’re not. Sending you some healing energy.
    Cathy

Posted by Cathy Ulrich | September 14, 2012, 12:15 pm
  31. Are you feeling any better Brigitte, I hope so? I am sorry, at times like this only Mom’s sympathy and care can make any difference, I know that feeling too well. And I must know — how were the snails – what do they taste like? I’ve resolved to be more adventurous with my food choices after discovering to my utter amazement that I actually like sashimi.

Posted by Brinda | September 14, 2012, 12:38 pm
    • Hi Brinda dear friend! Not yet. This thing is really kicking me and I’m so tired of it!! Hubby likes them (snails, escargot) but I think they taste kind of like liver. They smother them in butter and put some bread-crumb like stuff on them — just about anything tastes good that way, right? HA! Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Posted by Brigitte | September 14, 2012, 12:45 pm
  32. Ahh, hope you are feeling better by now! As always, I’m late to the party ;)

Posted by britta326 | September 14, 2012, 2:29 pm
  33. just popping in and hoping you are feeling better…

Posted by unfetteredbs | September 14, 2012, 8:02 pm
  34. Hey, I’ve been meaning to get over here for your banter for quite a while. The best I can give you is some get well wishes and a follow. When I’m sick with a cold, I so wish all the phlegm would just pack up and go back to wherever it came from and let me return to being my regular self. I hope you get back to being regular you soon.

Posted by lameadventures | September 15, 2012, 4:52 pm
  35. I must have what you had. I was laid up all day yesterday, and I’m just trying to play catch-up today. I remember, though, that when my mom was alive, nobody could make me feel better when I was sick. Did you at least call your mom?

Posted by Smaktakula | September 16, 2012, 2:54 pm
    • Hey Smak. My Mom has been calling me everyday to check on her little girl. :). You’re right and I’m very grateful that I have her to talk to. I hope you feel better as well, Smak. This thing, whatever it was, has really kicked my a*s.

Posted by Brigitte | September 16, 2012, 2:59 pm
  36. Shall I mail soup?

Posted by Addie | September 17, 2012, 2:33 pm
  37. I hope you’re feeling better! My hat is off to you for mowing the yard as you were coming down with it. Nor could I have put together a delightful blog either. I usually surrender immediately, hop into bed and load up on drugs. I hate getting sick. And I hate feeling sick even more. Bring on the meds!

Posted by Ron Stempkowski | September 17, 2012, 3:50 pm
    • Ron, hi friend! So nice to see you here. I am finally on the mend. It took over a week to even begin feeling better! Thank God for antibiotics. I like yard work sometimes, it’s good for the soul, I think. xxoo

Posted by Brigitte | September 17, 2012, 6:05 pm

Enter your email address to keep up with all the latest Banter...I'll pop up in your email when you least expect it...

Nice people who've visited