Good Things, Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, News Worthy, Other Musings, Writing & Writers

These Books Have Been Banned, Really???

I’m reblogging Maggie’s reblog. According to Mags, it’s Banned Books Week. Really, I mean really?? Read on…

14 thoughts on “These Books Have Been Banned, Really???

  1. Thanks Brig!!! xo

    Posted by Maggie O'C | September 24, 2013, 12:07 pm
  2. That is crazy! I can’t believe some of those books have been banned (well, any of them really). I think of the violent garbage our kids are exposed to in movies and games, and yet they can’t read Harriet the Spy or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?! Unbelievable.

    Posted by Carrie Rubin | September 24, 2013, 12:40 pm
    • I KNOW. I agree with you, Carrie. I keep seeing the preview of some new stupid game for kids that has murder, mayhem, sex and everything else you can think of and yet, these books are banned. It boggles the mind.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 24, 2013, 12:52 pm
  3. Banning books makes me want to read them.

    Posted by Smaktakula | September 24, 2013, 12:42 pm
  4. Wow! Those were all surprising. The Brown Bear one cracked me up. Dumb.

    Posted by char | September 24, 2013, 12:59 pm
  5. Thanks for the reblog, Brig. I loved it! Censorship sucks…

    Posted by Cathy Ulrich | September 24, 2013, 9:29 pm
  6. I’d much rather see a ban on violent (and sexist/racist) video games/movies/television. Even if I don’t have the data to prove it, I’m sure there’s a much stronger link between them and the rash of antisocial/psychopathic behavior today than any social ill caused by reading a book.

    Posted by jmmcdowell | September 25, 2013, 3:37 pm

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo

Google+ photo

Connecting to %s

Join 1,649 other followers

Nice people who've visited

  • 63,287 visits

Word of the Day:

mirth
mərTH/
noun
amusement, especially as expressed in laughter.

synonyms: merriment, high spirits, cheerfulness, cheeriness, hilarity, glee, laughter, gaiety, buoyancy, blitheness, euphoria, exhilaration, lightheartedness, joviality, joy, joyfulness, joyousness

"We could not hold back our mirth."

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012 - 2014/All Rights Reserved unless noted
%d bloggers like this: