News Worthy, Non-Fiction, Other Musings

Blame it on the Moon…

I’ve not been in much of a writing mood today (or yesterday) for that matter.  After talking to a good friend today, she said, “There’s going to be a full moon tonight, that’s probably why you’re feeling weird, out of sorts.”

Maybe.  But then I did a little digging and it seems that a full moon doesn’t have that much affect on our moods and/or behavior.  You’ve heard the myths about how there’s more crime, people are prone to more “accidents,” animals act a bit strange and things of that nature.  According to the article from Live Science, “The majority of sound studies find no connection…” that a full moon has any affect.

The article implied one link could be that the light of that big fat moon keeps you up so sleep deprivation could have something to do with all those accidents, bitchy moods and just a general feeling of malaise.  Maybe.

There’s usually always a full moon in horror movies and the flip side of that, in love stories.  Remember the movie Moonstruck?  All that crazy romance inspired by that Bella Luna.

Whether it’s correct or not, I’ve been in a funk, so what the heck, I’m going to blame it on the moon.

Click here for the 2012 full moon calendar.

No comments yet.

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo

Google+ photo

Connecting to %s

A Gracious Guide To Benevolent Blogging

Word of the Day:

harmony
noun har·mo·ny \ˈhär-mə-nē\

the combination of simultaneous musical notes in a chord

the structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords

the science of the structure, relation, and progression of chords

pleasing arrangement of parts : congruence

agreement, accord

internal calm : tranquility

an interweaving of different accounts into a single narrative

a systematic arrangement of parallel literary passages (as of the Gospels) for the purpose of showing agreement or harmony

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-2017/All Rights Reserved unless noted
%d bloggers like this: