Humor

This category contains 61 posts

Happy Frustration

I feel as if my blog is an abandoned home with dust covers on all the furniture and all the windows have been shut tight. I’m walking into it now, flinging off the musty, dusty covers and opening up the windows to let some air in. I sincerely hope the air that comes in will … Continue reading

Friday Fodder

I have been absent from this platform for a while. I often think of abandoning it altogether but I never do. I’m not sure why and I’m not sure blogging is even a “thing” anymore. Seems as if we abbreviate and shorten our thoughts more than expressing them in detail. This isn’t about getting on … Continue reading

Two Days Before Christmas

As I sit here at my desk rejoicing in the fact that it’s sunny out, my family is safe and healthy and my husband has the holiday off, it makes me take stock of what I have. How great  life is and how fortunate I am to live in a country that allows me to … Continue reading

Monday Musings & Motivations – Part Sixty-One – Holidays

I have something to admit. I’ve not been especially holiday happy for the past few years. I find myself dreading the holiday season and I didn’t used to be that way. I once welcomed holidays, decorated, watched holiday movies—all that stuff that families do during the holiday season. I’m not going to go into a … Continue reading

The List

Have you ever noticed someone doing something and think to yourself, that looks like something I’d love to do…I’m going to do that. Or, you’ll strike up a conversation with a stranger in line (or “on line” for those of you in New York) who’ll tell you something fascinating about her or his life and … Continue reading

A Gracious Guide To Benevolent Blogging

Copyright 2012-2017/All Rights Reserved unless noted

Word of the Day:

Happiness.

hap·pi·ness

/hapēnəs/

noun
noun: happiness; plural noun: happinesses

synonyms: pleasure, contentment, satisfaction, cheerfulness, merriment, gaiety, joy, joyfulness, joviality, jollity, glee, delight, good spirits, lightheartedness, well-being, enjoyment;exuberance, exhilaration, elation, ecstasy, jubilation, rapture, bliss, blissfulness, euphoria.