creative writing

This tag is associated with 27 posts

A Blogger’s Tale

When I began blogging, I thought it would inspire me to finish my novel.  To stretch and strengthen my creative chords, to give and receive literary and mainstream thinking — to finish what I’ve been writing and not writing for the past few years. It has turned into something that takes a great deal of … Continue reading

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty!

My dear friend/blogger bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award on me.  Go visit Aileen at Write Now for some soul sustenance. She’s an intuitive lady with goodness, warmth and humor and she’s won numerous awards in acting.  Wow, these bloggers around here never cease to amaze me.  Thank you, Aileen. Press Play below to feel pretty … Continue reading

Writing is a Workout

Just a quick post today regarding writing and how much it requires of a person.  I’m not sure people who don’t write — for a living or for solely creative purposes — realize just how much it takes to put words to paper and flesh out an idea. I’ve had a great week writing for … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations, Part Two — Gratitude

Here it is, the second installment of my Monday Motivations.  This one has to do with gratitude.  I’ve haphazardly kept a gratitude journal over the years, but it tends to go by the wayside when things get busy.  The reason I decided to blog in the first place was to motivate myself to write — … Continue reading

Secret Agents, Ventriloquism and Make-Believe

This blog was inspired by Sweet Mother.  Visit her blog and I promise you’ll have more than a few laugh-out-loud moments. A blog of hers struck a chord with me, triggered a few childhood memories.  How does our sense of fun get all cluttered up with distractions?  I know, I know; work, job, kids (in … Continue reading