humor

This tag is associated with 26 posts

My Big Fat Greek Diner

As most of you probably know, I’m not from the place in which I currently reside.  I live on Long Island, Long Guyland, as many of the residents here call it. Local accents can range from none to Joey Buttafuoco-esque, if ya know what I’m sayin.  I would say, “If yew know what I-I-I-I me-an.”  … Continue reading

The Writer Reveal

Last week I wrote a post asking all of you to vote for your favorite passage from some “mystery” writers.  Thanks to all of you who decided to play.  The votes came in and below are how they ranked, along with the writer and where the passage came from.  If you click on the links … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Part Thirty-Two — Firsts

I remember the first time I was defeated.  I was in the third grade and me, being the avid reader and writer that I was then, I was insanely competitive about spelling.  I was the best speller in my class.  I’d beat everyone in my class and in classes above me in order to reach … Continue reading

Do You Believe?

It’s Friday so I think some light-hearted nonsense is in order.  I know I need some. I’m a Taurus and from reading the description of what a Taurus women is: The Taurus woman is feminine, soft and highly diplomatic. She has a lyrical speaking voice that soothes and comforts you, and she could even have … Continue reading

Happy, Smappy

I read somewhere that everyone has a cut-off gauge for happiness — a kind of setpoint. No matter if something WONDERFUL happens — you hit the lotto, you get your dream job, you lose those pesky 10-20 pounds, have a mind-blowing love fest, meet someone for the first time that you like, get over something … Continue reading

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Word of the Day

vibe
noun
/vaɪba/
the mood or character of a place, situation, or piece of music:
“The music has a soothing vibe.”
“I didn’t like the place – it had bad vibes.”