literature

This tag is associated with 11 posts

A Blogger’s Tale

When I began blogging, I thought it would inspire me to finish my novel.  To stretch and strengthen my creative chords, to give and receive literary and mainstream thinking — to finish what I’ve been writing and not writing for the past few years. It has turned into something that takes a great deal of … Continue reading

That’s What She Said

I read an article a few weeks ago from the New York Times, My Life Sentences by Jhumpa Lahiri.  The Pulitzer Prize-winning author (whom I’ve never read but intend to now) writes about her experiences as a writer.  She does so beautifully. The article is about how words have affected her; the weight of them … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations – Part Six – Generosity

I have lots of new followers now since being Freshly Pressed!   Thanks and I hope you’ll stick around.  Let me know if you like (or don’t like) what I have to say.  It’s okay if you don’t agree, just be nice.  If you’re not, your comment won’t show up anyway.  That’s the way it … Continue reading

Time Elapsed or Time Remaining

The other day I went to the gym and began fast-walking on a treadmill.  I had to force myself to do this as I wasn’t in the best mood to work out.  I find that’s the time I must go.  Afterwards, whatever has me in a low mood or whatever obstacle I think is in … Continue reading

Literary Libations

Manhattan has over eight million people living within its boundaries — the most populous  city in the United States.  It has always been a place for creative souls and some of those include some of the world’s most prolific and controversial writers.  When some of those writers felt a creative urge coming on, they, at … Continue reading