Manhattan

This tag is associated with 9 posts

Marvelous, Maddening Manhattan

We’ve been living near Manhattan for a little over three years now.  Not in it, but close enough to visit often and we’ve done that many times.  When we first arrived, we’d go in nearly every weekend.  We were enamored by this gritty lady, Manhattan. Manhattan is a dichotomy, a contradiction.  Stars are born here.  … Continue reading

“Balls!” said the Queen, “If I had them I’d be King!”

Is that not one of the best quotes ever or what?! I got this juicy inspiration one stormy Saturday when hubby happened to have that day off – a rare thing.  We didn’t want to go anywhere so we turned on the television and began channel-surfing. I don’t remember what channel we found the movie, … Continue reading

Missed Monday Musings and Motivations – Part Nine – Family

I’ve been out of my blogging family for brief period and I’ve missed everyone!  I’ve not been commenting on blogs as much or posting.  I had a good reason for doing so; I was visiting family and when I do, I unplug, for the most part. There are those times when it’s necessary to do … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Part Eight — Chance Encounters

Yesterday I went into the city to meet with my phenomenal writing group.  The six of us met by chance; we happened to sign up for the same writing class last fall/winter and when the class ended, we decided to keep meeting.  You know when you meet some people that you just gel with?  It’s … Continue reading