Monday

This tag is associated with 23 posts

Monday Musings and Motivations — Repose — Part Forty-Two

re·pose; /riˈpōz/:  Temporary rest from activity, excitement, or exertion, esp. sleep or the rest given by sleep. I’ve always loved that word, repose.  It sounds elegant, comforting and inviting to me.  That’s what I’ve been doing for some time now.  Stress caught up with me and it literally caused me to come to a standstill.  … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Creativity — Part Forty-One

I’ve been consciously making an effort lately to be more creative.  I’ve become too comfortable with myself the past couple of years.  Too complacent. And I don’t like that. I’ve always considered myself a “creative type.”  Ever since I can remember I loved reading, writing, painting — things like that. I loved playing dress-up, putting … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — SPRING — Part Forty

Well, it’s here again — this week — Spring.  The time of year most of us look to with a sense of relief, welcome, gratitude. Although the temps aren’t very spring-like where I am yet, I can sense a change, a difference — in the air.  The approaching Spring equinox when “days and nights are … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations – Part Thirty-Four – Sacred Space

All of us have a place, a space, whether it’s within ourselves or outside of ourselves that we go to again and again to get a sense of who we are. Joseph Campbell said:  Your sacred space is where you find yourself time and time again.   I loved that quote so much the first … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Distractions — Part Thirty-Three

I’ve struggled to come up with a post lately.  One that resonates with people; one that transcends what you or someone you know or I might be going through.  That’s what these posts I do every Monday are supposed to be. I decided on distractions.  Those things that we focus on to keep us from … Continue reading