ways to inspire writing

This tag is associated with 10 posts

Two Steps Back, One Spring Forward

I don’t know about you, but when Spring begins peeking through the gray fog (I have that many days where I am), I get a renewed sense of purpose.  I begin thinking about all the things I had meant to do before now, wondering how they got pushed back down on my ever-present, ever-evolving “To-Do” … Continue reading

The “Tag, You’re It Challenge” – A Fellow Blogger Gives Her Answers!

Click on the link below to see how one of my fellow bloggers/friends, Chitra Yamada responded to my questions. Brigitte’s Questions. Chika (as I call her) answered my challenge questions from my earlier blog — thanks dear friend!  Visit and bookmark her blog here….very interesting and fascinating stuff.  Her prose is elegant, sure and powerful — the … Continue reading

What’s in a Name?

In Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Juliet said:  “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.” Translation:  Names aren’t so important, a rose would still smell as sweet even if it were called something else. Oh, but I beg to differ.  Names are very important, especially … Continue reading

I Dream of a Cottage in France…

The picture accompanying this blog is from a “poem” that I wrote over ten years ago.  I purchased an inexpensive plague from a craft store and wrote the passage on a piece of parchment paper. I then burned the edges of the paper, glued it on the wooden plague and shellacked it.  I’ve carried this … Continue reading

Never Give Up…Five Things to Do When You’re Stuck

Whether you write for a living, work outside the home or manage a household, there are times when you wonder why you keep writing.  Writing creatively, for the sake of it and because well, your awesome fiction should be in print, damn it. I do. This writing biz is not for sissies and it’s certainly … Continue reading