//
archives

writing prompts

This tag is associated with 19 posts

Dancing With Words

A fellow writer/blogger inspired this post.  Saunter on over to Brinda Banerjee’s blog where you’ll read about a wonderful childhood experience with poetry. Her blog inspired me to go through some of my decades-old writing and my awkward attempt at poetry.  To me, poetry is much more difficult than writing fiction or non-fiction.  It’s a … Continue reading

The Great Equalizer

As humans sharing the same planet, we all have different viewpoints, subjects that we’re sensitive to and/or beliefs that stem from how we grew up, where we grew up and all of that other stuff that makes us who we are. Though we may not agree on everything (would be kind of boring if we … Continue reading

Go Ahead, Insult Me

I’m writing a novel where my protagonist is very brave and doesn’t care what people think.  She gets herself into all kinds of sticky situations, does things that I wouldn’t do and says whatever is on her mind and lets the chips fall where they may.  In real-life situations, most of us censor what we … Continue reading

TWO GREAT CONTESTS TO ENTER — DEADLINE IS SOON!

Two great contests to pass along and each has a deadline of March 31, 2012. Ploughshares’ Emerging Writers Contest.  Get more info here. Winning Writers Tom Howard/John H. Reid Short Story Contest.  Get info here. Finish up that award-winning short story you’ve been working on and good luck. If you’ve got info about any great contests, … Continue reading

Awesome Blog Content Award

My dear fellow blogger, Sharon nominated me for the ABC (Awesome Blog Content) Award.  Thank you, Sharon!  Please check out her blog,  A bump to the head. You’ll find my own ABCs below and after that, my nominations for the ABC Award. Please pay it forward, post the ABC award on your blog and answer … Continue reading

Join 1,794 other subscribers

Archives

For Monday Musings

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Words of the Day

sheesh
/SHēSH/
exclamation

INFORMAL
exclamation: sheesh
  1. used to express disbelief or exasperation.
    “Sheesh! Why can’t you talk to me, you know, like normally?”
Origin
1950s: probably an alteration of jeez.