//
you're reading...
Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, Other Musings, Why Not?

Friday Fun and Other Stuff

All my peeps are posting today and there’s a new spirit out there.  I think everyone is feeling that first little sign of a new season which signals a new beginning.  I think everyone’s spirit is being livened up a bit.

I’ve loved hearing this ever since I’ve been able to comprehend what it means.

Mine is.  But I’ll make this short and sweet as I’ve got to go out and about today and I just finished a project and I’ll begin another one next week, so things have been busy.  Busy is good.  I’ve received several, “Great article!” and this:  “You are extremely diligent, professional and a pleasure to work with. Your quick grasp of the information, and ability to translate it to the understanding of the reader is impressive.”

I really needed that.  It makes me so happy.

I don’t know about you but I’m feeling more inspired lately.  It’s a gorgeous day outside; there’s still some sticky humidity, but it’s beginning to feel a little different– a nice relief from the last few days.  I swear I think heat and humidity takes it out of you, makes you get a bit grumpy and pissed off.  Sometimes for no reason.  Then inevitably, that malaise of sadness follows and you can’t figure out what the deal is, why you’re feeling so blah.

How do you like your cider? I’ll take mine on the beach in front of a roaring fire with the temps around 55 degrees.

It’s because you’re in that in-between place.  The end of summer is near and the fall hasn’t begun.  But it will be soon and we can all drag our light sweaters out and soon when you go out at night, you’ll feel that sweet, cool sting of Fall.  I love Fall.  It brings to mind pumpkins, full moons and hot cider.  I can usually only drink one cup of apple cider but I love the idea of it.

I love a big, fat harvest moon. It makes me want to bang big drums and sing loudly.

I love walking on the boardwalk or beach when the weather’s cool.  I know many people get active in the summer.  I get that way in the Fall.  Maybe because it’s short and sweet, but it’s a beginning and with that comes a new sense of purpose.  At least for me.

I’ve been working on some freelancing stuff and clearing away and getting rid of clutter too.  Giving stuff to charity that no longer serves me but it will someone else.  I really believe if you don’t absolutely love something (furniture, clothing, whatever), you should give it away, get rid of it.  You may have an empty spot somewhere but I’m a big believer in if you don’t get rid of stuff, there’s no room for anything “new” to come into your life.

Do it. You’ll feel better.

Hope this doesn’t sound like a lot of nonsense, but I’m just in a real nice state of being grateful.  Very grateful for everything.

Have a good weekend, everyone.  Go give some love to Grippy who is asking for it today and Maggie who needed it yesterday.  Go take a walk with Sandee.  Have a milkshake with Margarita.  Read some groovy poetry from Audra and Lou Ann.  View some beautiful pics from Honie.  And Le Clown has officially announced the winners of his first annual blogroll contest.  I’m on his L’Eric’s blogroll — I’m so proud and it’s so pretty (the new design).

Lis is talking about meditation and mentions Deepak Chopra (got three of his books myself) and Lillian is talking about public primping. Lynne has some great weekend plans — I’ve already made a list for a recipe she shared and if you haven’t visited Canadica, check that out if you need a good laugh.  If you want to start a new exercise program, Carrie has the goods on that.

That’s who has popped up in my email lately (and so far this morning).  Hope I hear more from the rest of you — leave me word in the comments section about what you’re feeling good (or not good) about today so anyone who stops by here can read it too.  And look, I actually wrote two posts this week — Yay me!

Be well, my friends.

About Brigitte

Writer/Editor/Wanderer

Discussion

67 thoughts on “Friday Fun and Other Stuff

  1. thanks for the mention – you are sweeter than sweet but not gooey sweet – my poem today unfortunately was uninspired and uninspiring – but it reflects what life is sometimes

    Posted by on thehomefrontandbeyond | September 7, 2012, 11:17 am
  2. I love fall. I love cider (with rum). I love giant pumpkin moons. I love this post.

    Posted by mabukach | September 7, 2012, 11:19 am
  3. Love hearing you so invigorated! Out and about is wonderful, and I’m on my way out as well…thanks for the mention…milkshakes are good! xoxoM

    Posted by Margarita | September 7, 2012, 11:23 am
  4. Brigitte,
    I wouldn’t have a blogroll without your name on it. It makes me happy to read you like the new avatars, and feel of the blog. A wonderful weekend to you.
    Eric

    Posted by Le Clown | September 7, 2012, 11:27 am
  5. Fall is a high pregnancy time in my family. I don’t know why, something in the apple cider maybe. 😉 Our son-in-law was just home from Afghanistan for two weeks. Who knows, we may have a new addition to the family next summer. That’s why I chose the name Honie. Did I tell you that story?

    Posted by Honie Briggs | September 7, 2012, 11:52 am
    • Say what? Who? It’s probably more of what’s IN the apple cider that loosens those inhibitions that lead to said pregnancy. So glad your son-in-law is home and that everything is well. That’s wonderful, Honie and no you’ve not told me that story. Maybe you should blog about it. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 12:37 pm
      • It would be great, except he had to go back and won’t be home again until next year. It’s terrible that so early in their marriage they have to be apart. There’ll be plenty of time for babies. LATER 🙂 Maybe I will blog about it. Thanks

        Posted by Honie Briggs | September 7, 2012, 2:31 pm
  6. Thanks so much for the mention, you lovely woman, you! Very much appreciated. 🙂

    I’m definitely caught between summer and fall, and I know this because my toenails are in need of a new polishing, and I can’t decide whether to just remove the polish once and for all since closed-toe shoes will soon be upon me, or give it one more round. So in my indecision, the polish continues to flake off and look ugly. If I was more of a girly-girl, maybe I’d know the solution to this trivial, trivial problem…

    Posted by Carrie Rubin | September 7, 2012, 12:03 pm
    • No problem and lovely woman right back at you. I’d go with a new polish — nothing makes a woman feel special like a bright new polish. But go with a fall color, like passion purple or wondrous wine or soulful sapphire. You know I’m being stoopid here, right?

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 12:39 pm
      • Well, that probably is the correct answer–kidding or not, but then I’d only encounter the problem again when I’m stuck in between fall and winter, so I’m thinking it might be best to just wipe that paint right off. I was not cut out for this sort of thing.

        Posted by Carrie Rubin | September 7, 2012, 12:44 pm
      • Then just go commando on the toes and feel good about it. Embrace the naked toe.

        Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 12:49 pm
  7. I am so with you about the fall, Brig. Humidity can shove it. I’m ready to haul out my leggings. Our apartment is already decorated for Halloween. B asked me if it was a little early for that; I replied that as long as Labor Day is over, it’s time for scary fun times.

    Posted by The Waiting | September 7, 2012, 12:05 pm
  8. Hearing”Great Job” is worth it’s weight in gold.. I am feeling that shift in the air too and I think you nailed it, new beginnings. What a great post with some links for new blogs for me to explore this weekend.. I’ll let you know how the “lobster Rolls” turn out!!
    have a wonderful weekend 🙂

    Posted by free penny press | September 7, 2012, 12:21 pm
    • It is. It can make all the difference and I wish people would remember and realize that more often! I’ll let you know how mine turns out as well. 🙂 Good grief, butter and lobster — what’s better? Did you see those fries Gwenyth Paltrow was making? It’s a good site — thank you and have a great weekend, Lynne.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 12:42 pm
  9. This was awesome, Brigitte!!! Brimming with good energy. Congrats on all the love you’re getting professionally. Way to go! I’m clinging to the bit you said about getting rid of old stuff to make room for the new. I really want to achieve this. I don’t care if my shelves are empty, etc. I just want freedom from the stuff that’s weighing me down.
    Thanks for sending your peeps over to my blog. I’m gonna check out the rest, too.
    Have a glorious weekend, my friend!

    Posted by A Gripping Life | September 7, 2012, 12:43 pm
    • Why thank you, friend. Glad you enjoyed! It does work though, that clearing out. It lightens the load and the mind. If stuff is weighing you down, then it’s better to have empty shelves. Think about all the lovely new things that are just waiting to come in. You have a glorious weekend as well, Grippy. xxoo

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 12:50 pm
  10. I agree; the fall is magic for getting inspired and I am glad you’re feeling it! Maybe we’re all tapped into that primal instinct to gather and harvest. Or maybe once it’s cooler our brains just solidify again. At any rate, I am sure all the praise you receive is well deserved.

    Posted by rollergiraffe | September 7, 2012, 12:52 pm
    • Hi RG, I know, right? I LOVE fall and it is magical. Hope you’re feeling it where you are. That must be it — the gathering and harvesting thing. And thank you, it always feels good to be recognized for one’s efforts — that’s very nice of you to say. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 1:07 pm
  11. Hi Brigitte, long time no hear from. So sorry, I thought I signed up to get your post automatically, But I guess I didn’t. Forgive the mistake please. Love your piece today…okay I’ll bite. First, I feel good that its Friday, and second, I too feel good about the fall months coming soon, which means it won’t be long before we will see a new year. 🙂

    Posted by thehealthywarrior | September 7, 2012, 12:54 pm
    • Hi Healthy! I signed up to get alerts from your posts as well, but I don’t always get them! I hear others “talking” about that and I don’t know why that is. Grrr.

      Yes, all your “feel good” stuff sounds exactly what I’m talking about. Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 1:08 pm
  12. Brig, you rock as always. Kudos on the job stuff. I agree with you that there is new energy in the air. Summer must not be blogging season. I have been fatigued but feel like my writing energy is returning.

    xoxoxox

    Posted by Maggie O'C | September 7, 2012, 2:32 pm
  13. Brigitte — as I mentioned in the pingback reply I appreciate the shout out! I’m glad to hear the accolades you’ve gotten from clients — good stuff! Now you’re sharing the love and that what it’s all about.

    Girl, I can’t wait for fall! You mention sweaters and cider and I just want to close my eyes and dream about it, orange, red, yellow leaves, crisp air and the bestest — Halloween!

    What I feel good about today is how I’ve prayed to be open and how that has allowed me to have a positive perspective of what’s going on in my life . That’s how that works for me. When I open myself up and let goodness flow in I can think more broadly and take a different view on things.

    Posted by Sword-chinned bitch | September 7, 2012, 2:33 pm
    • Hi Sandee, You’re most welcome. I know, I can’t wait either — it can’t get here soon enough. And yay, Halloween!! Prayer most definitely helps — I do the same and so does sending positive energy (opens the mind and spirit) — you and your posts are always full of that good stuff. Take care, friend!

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 3:32 pm
  14. Fall is wonderful! I can’t wait for it to reach Texas. I love the energy and all the link love in this post–it really brightened my day.

    Posted by RFL | September 7, 2012, 3:07 pm
    • Hi Rachelle, I bet you will be glad. You guys have been having some really hot temps, yes? So glad this brightened your day. There is plenty of good going around in the blogging world and thanks for taking the time to spread some of that yourself. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 3:33 pm
  15. Dear B,
    Am I being sent to spam????!!!!!!
    I say AGAIN:
    Thank you so much for mentioning me humble little blog.
    You are the best.
    I’m with you here…the fall weather is getting everyone’s spirits up~!!!
    Wait. I just NOW liked this.
    I commented…OMG.
    I think I commented to YOU…on someone ELSE”S Blog!!!!
    YIKES!!!!
    Or..am I goin CRAaaaaaaZZZZZYYYY????
    well, anyhow….I was having a rottenish morning until I was reading through your blog…and got to ME.
    I needed a little “Atta girl!!!”
    and you always seem to know when.
    ♥♥♥
    Love, LIs
    xoxox

    Posted by Carr Party of Five | September 7, 2012, 5:21 pm
    • Lis, There you are! Well if you made this comment on someone’s else’s blog, then they must be scratching their heads. I just think you’re giving into my guilt thing. :D. (my plan is working, working….)

      And you are welcome, funny, funny girl. And you are crazy but in a VERY good way. I love crazy. Crazy is good. Glad I helped your rottenish morning. It’s all that freaking Diet Coke you drink.

      Love, B xxoo

      Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 5:25 pm
      • Dear B,
        *looking guilty*
        I think you could be right.
        I wonder if I tried to comment via my phone…and it did something funky.
        OR…it could be the from the crazy part of me that had to put away 2 things the other day. One thing into the garbage…the other thing into my closet.
        YOu are probably not shocked to hear…I put the garbage in my closet….and my yoga socks in the trash.
        I seriously worry about me.
        🙂
        LOve, Lis
        xoxxoox

        Posted by Carr Party of Five | September 7, 2012, 5:29 pm
      • But that’s why you are so lovable. Now, don’t worry and crack open a cold Diet Coke. It’ll be all better in the morning. You’re so wonderfully quirky. 😀
        xoxoxox

        Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 5:30 pm
      • Dear B,
        ♥♥♥
        Love, L
        xoxooxox
        p.s. try living with me. The man deserves the nobel peace prize.

        Posted by Carr Party of Five | September 7, 2012, 5:31 pm
      • Trust me, my hubby has earned more than a few medals. 😉

        Posted by Brigitte | September 7, 2012, 5:33 pm
  16. It’s Friday! Yipee! Yahoo! Woo Hoo! and I get rid of stuff all the time…probably too much! 😉

    Posted by dianasschwenk | September 7, 2012, 6:08 pm
  17. Nothing like shakin’ off the funk and getting everyone going woman! Glad to hear all is looking up and going well. As the Queen of Kindness.. you are deserve praise all the time. Look at the positve vibes shooting off this post.. As always you rock it lady. Thanks once again for the shout out–I’m not quite sure why you do it but damn you do make me smile big.

    Posted by unfetteredbs | September 7, 2012, 7:16 pm
    • Hey Audra, it’s difficult to shake off sometimes, but nice when you can, you know? Not sure I deserve the Queen of Kindness thing, but I’ll definitely take it from you. You rock too and the reason why I do this is because it makes me happy. It seems to do the same for others sometimes. Einstein said: Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.

      I love his crazy hair, his sentiments, his intelligence and his quotes. Plus, from his pics he has such kind eyes. Thanks, friend.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 8, 2012, 8:00 am
  18. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. And I’m ready for fall after this extra hot and steamy summer. It’s still a ways away, but I can tell the days are getting shorter and the nights just a bit cooler. Ahh. Now to cross my fingers and hope the potentially severe weather tomorrow won’t materialize. 🙂

    Posted by jmmcdowell | September 7, 2012, 7:31 pm
  19. Okay, any sort of mention by you on your blog must mean I’m officially cool which means I’m officially starting my day (it’s morning here right now) on a fantabulous note. Yes, I said fantabulous. Thanks so much, Brigitte! And someone else said it first, but really, you always know what to say and when to say it. I agree that there’s a new spirit popping up around here. Thank goodness for September, for fall, and for cooler temperatures. Have an awesome weekend. 🙂

    Posted by lillianccc | September 7, 2012, 10:20 pm
    • Hi Lillian, you’ve been mentioned before and you always take the time to come over to my place, read and leave such thoughtful comments, so it works both ways, my friend. You have a awesome weekend yourself! :).

      Posted by Brigitte | September 8, 2012, 8:07 am
  20. Sometimes it is so great to read a really happy, positive post. Thank you, Brigitte. And I love the way you mention the people you’re reading. It’s such a lovely, generous act. What’s making me feel happy today is that I got through the first week back to school with my kids. And I’m still feeling very grateful to the good citizens of Hornby Island who helped us out last weekend. This weekend, I look forward to writing that story.

    Posted by Deliberately Delicious | September 7, 2012, 10:41 pm
    • Sally, thank you. I am following you but I don’t get alerts that you have posted! Why is that?? Yay, you got through the first week. My sisters are going through the same. I can’t wait to read your story. They’re always so nice and the pics are beautiful. Have a great weekend, friend!

      Posted by Brigitte | September 8, 2012, 8:09 am
      • Thank you, Brigitte! I’m going to have to investigate… Somebody else mentioned that they weren’t getting alerts either. Hmmm.

        Posted by Deliberately Delicious | September 9, 2012, 11:37 am
      • It’s very picky and peculiar! I don’t get it! I follow several blogs and sometimes I don’t their’s either.

        Posted by Brigitte | September 9, 2012, 11:39 am
  21. Hi Brigitte 🙂

    I’ve nominated you for an award, but please don’t feel obligated to accept.

    You’ll find all the info here…

    http://the-view-outside.com/2012/09/08/what-is-a-liebster-anyway/

    Xx

    Posted by Vikki (The View Outside) | September 8, 2012, 2:15 am
  22. “the humidity and heat gets to you” 🙂 you should come to India once to experience that..:) and I totally agree about getting rid of clutter.. it has a therapeutic effect on me. http://hemadamani.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/doing-away-with-clutter/

    Posted by hemadamani | September 8, 2012, 3:01 am
    • Hema, I wish I could come to India and I imagine it’s as how and humid as where my family in the South has to tolerate. They laugh at me when I tell them the summer temps I have up North. And you are right about that clutter — nothing makes you feel worse when you have it all over the place and nothing’s better than getting rid of it! Thank you so much for your comments, friend. I will read your post.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 8, 2012, 8:20 am
  23. Brigitte,
    What a fun and uplifting post! I spent last weekend cleaning out every closet and clothes drawer – and taking the things I haven’t worn for a year to charities. It feels so good to do that. And now I can go in there and FIND things! It’s beautiful and much cooler this weekend in Colorado – we went for a long bike ride yesterday and will probably go out again today. Fall is in the air! Have a great weekend!
    Cathy

    Posted by Cathy Ulrich | September 8, 2012, 8:44 am
    • Cathy, thank you!! I think everyone gets in that mood when that “mood” of change comes into the air — the changing of seasons. I love fall clothes and I love riding my bike when the weather is cooler. We have family in Colorado and I know how beautiful it is there. And, I bet you are really feeling the lovely fall. You have a glorious weekend as well. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | September 8, 2012, 8:48 am
  24. Now I’m feeling inspired and content for the weekend!

    Posted by Change My Body...Change My Life | September 8, 2012, 10:27 am
  25. Hey Brigitte,
    Glad you’re going through a “good” patch right now (humidity notwithstanding). I think “good” is most properly the natural condition for our lives, and “bad” the aberration. However (and this is tragic, I think) we become so accustomed to the good that we don’t appreciate it; it is our “normal,” and as such is unremarkable. However, the down times stand out, and if we’re not careful, we can trick ourselves into believing that this is our natural state. There are a lot of desperately unhappy people out there, and I get a little frustrated with them (I should note that I don’t include people with medical conditions such as bi polar, depression, etc.; I’m talking about “healthy” people), because, with the aforementioned exception for mental illness, I think we largely live the lives we deserve.

    I’m with you on “too much stuff.” I have some OCD issues, and tend, if not to be a hoarder, to at least experience significant difficulty in ridding myself of things. I moved several times between 1999-2003 and then a final time (I plan to live out my days in this house–the same house I grew up in) in 2007, which helped me to get used to divesting myself of things. When my mom died, I had to get rid of a lot of her stuff, which helped as well. For me, the trick is remembering that the thing I love is the memory or emotion attached to an object, not the thing itself. I have a pair of slippers I haven’t thrown out because they’re the last Christmas gift my mother ever gave me. Okay, that’s cool and all, but she died in 2005! I’m working on it, Brigitte…I’m working on it.

    Posted by Smaktakula | September 10, 2012, 2:41 pm
    • And I meant also to add that I’m not a fan of humidity or heat either. I live in a really temperate area, so it rarely gets that hot (our average high ranges from 62 in the winter, to just under 70 in October, our warmest month–our summer is Sept-Nov), and when it does, it’s dry. A couple years ago we had two beastly days where the temp got up to 108 here, and 114 in a nearby town. On that day, we were hotter than Mississippi!

      My preference is is for a cool (65 or so) foggy day. We have a lot of those.

      Posted by Smaktakula | September 10, 2012, 2:46 pm
      • Where you are temp-rise and humidity-rise sounds absolutely perfect to me! No wonder you’re the happiest people in America! ;).

        Posted by Brigitte | September 10, 2012, 6:44 pm
    • Hey Smak, I so agree with you but everyone goes through some down times — I don’t know what they are; seasons, change, hormones and sometimes depression. Whatever the case, you are right most of us do have it very good. I do and you’re most likely right about most of us having the lives we deserve. That’s not always the case, but for the most part, you’re probably right.

      I know when I have too much stuff because I begin to feel closed in and I get rid of stuff. I try to get…let’s say vintage or worn things that I can redo and make mine then when I’m ready to let go of it, I don’t mind so much — at least I’ve not invested a lot of money in it. Those special items, well of course we keep those! I’ve still got some notebook paper my Mom scribbled on about what I was doing at a few months old — she didn’t have one of those fancy baby books, she just wrote stuff down on paper, when she had time. I don’t blame you at all for your hanging on to your Mom’s slippers. I’d never part with those and I get that.

      I can’t count the number of times I’ve moved since I was 18 — too many to count, but I’m getting to the point where I’m ready to plant some roots. We’re all a work-in-progress, Smak and from where I stand you seem to be “working on it” very, very well! Thank you, friend.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 10, 2012, 6:43 pm

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

Join 1,794 other subscribers

Archives

For Monday Musings

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Words of the Day

sheesh
/SHēSH/
exclamation

INFORMAL
exclamation: sheesh
  1. used to express disbelief or exasperation.
    “Sheesh! Why can’t you talk to me, you know, like normally?”
Origin
1950s: probably an alteration of jeez.