Fiction, Writing & Writers

Ready, Set….Write!

Hi all,

Pen and Quill

Just a quick post for the weekend and to share a few contests I found to submit work online.  One has a deadline for the end of this month, so maybe this will motivate us to crank out a literary piece of such perfect writing we’ll snag one of the prizes.  (Or maybe, just motivate us to do more writing).  Either way, you win, right?

Happy writing and have a great weekend —

Glimmer Train; Contest for New Writers; deadline February 29th.

Ploughshares; Emerging Writers’ Contest; deadline now through April 2nd

McSweeney’s; Quarterly submissions; Seem to be ongoing, plus they sound so kind….

Leap Frog Press; Adult and Children’s Fiction (novellas); deadline is May 1st

Those who want to share their “dark side” check this one out:  Midnight Screaming

(Please share any contests you may know of in the comments section below–thanks!)

No comments yet.

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

WordPress.com Logo

Google+ photo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo

Connecting to %s

bla·sé
bläˈzā/
adjective
  1. unimpressed or indifferent to something because one has experienced or seen it so often before.
  2. apathetic to pleasure or excitement as a result of excessive indulgence or enjoyment.

Synonyms:

indifferent, unconcerned, uncaring, casual, nonchalant, offhand, uninterested, apathetic, unimpressed, unmoved, surfeited, jaded, unresponsive, phlegmatic.

%d bloggers like this: