Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, Other Musings, Why Not?

Monday Musings and Motivations

I’ve decided to try and write something, anything motivational each Monday.  Most people begin their work week on that day.  Sunday begins to feel like a bit of a bummer late in the day because MONDAY is looming in front of you.  Even those of us who freelance have a certain feeling about Mondays.  I think it has a bad rap.  A study done in Britain concluded Tuesday as the most stressful workday because Mondays, well you’re back and trying to get in the groove, find your footing from the weekend.

I think we all go into slumps periodically.  Problems seem larger, motivation goes down and we begin to doubt ourselves.  We wonder why we are where we are and at times, we reflect back on what could have been.

I think that’s the human condition and where so many cliches come from:  The grass is always greener on the other side; be careful what you wish for; the road not taken — writers/poets/artists have written about their woes, ups and downs — the human experience — since they drew pictures on cave walls.

What is it that makes us continue?  To leave something ‘safe’ in order to try something else?  It’s the insatiable need to improve, I think.  We all want to be regarded as someone special, that we matter and to leave our mark.  Most of us not only want to improve our self-worth, but to inspire others to do the same.

That being said, below is a four-minute video of that kind of sharing inspiration.  You may have already seen this, but it’s still great and worth a second view. If you’re having a blue Monday, I hope this will bring a smile to your face.

Please share your own motivations/comments below and Merry Monday everyone.

Photo credits:  Monday, Marvelous Monday

4 thoughts on “Monday Musings and Motivations

  1. Great video! I absolutely love the first singer, but especially love the overall message. Happy Monday!

    Posted by finally_write | April 16, 2012, 4:38 pm
  2. Good luck! I hope you succeed in turning Mondays into a positive force for good!

    Posted by The Hook | May 17, 2012, 2:19 pm

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo

Google+ photo

Connecting to %s

Word of the Day:

harmony
noun har·mo·ny \ˈhär-mə-nē\

the combination of simultaneous musical notes in a chord

the structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords

the science of the structure, relation, and progression of chords

pleasing arrangement of parts : congruence

agreement, accord

internal calm : tranquility

an interweaving of different accounts into a single narrative

a systematic arrangement of parallel literary passages (as of the Gospels) for the purpose of showing agreement or harmony

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-2017/All Rights Reserved unless noted
%d bloggers like this: