My dear fellow blogger, Emi from Four Leaves awarded me the Sunshine Award. Thank you, Emi!
The “rules” are the following:
- Write ten things about yourself (done, see below)
- Include the award’s logo in a post (done)
- Nominate 10-12 other bloggers (done — see who you are below and c’mon, it’s fun and plus it’s a blog if you’re stumped for ideas)
- Link to your nominees (done)
- Link the person who nominated you (done)
Ten Things About Me
- My parents named me after Brigitte Bardot — try living up to that your entire life.
- In a parallel universe I look EXACTLY like Brigitte (from And God Created Woman), live in France and carry two tiny white dogs in an emerald green handbag, wear teardrop-shaped dangling emerald earrings (my trademark), floaty peasant-style, off-the-shoulder dresses and ride to dark coffee houses and cafes on my bike which has a basket. I sing throaty, soulful songs to admirers (in French) while strumming an acoustic guitar. My husband looks exactly like Brad Pitt (from Legends of the Fall — honey, I know you’ll read this eventually — if you get Brigitte, I get Brad). Every day, we stop by the market where we buy lots of bread, cheese, wine and French things and ride home on our bikes to our villa which also has a winery. And a pool. And a staff. I eat carbs and drink fine wine to my heart’s content and never gain an ounce. And never have to exercise.
- I am a middle-child and a Taurus so I have a tendency to be ultra-sensitive and stubborn. On the plus side, I’m creative and insanely loyal to the people I love.
- If I had to choose between being Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie or Samantha on Bewitched, I’d be Jeannie. She has much cooler clothes and with a couple of blinks can banish people that piss her off to Antarctica and let them stew awhile on a floating iceberg. Plus, she has a chic, bejeweled home to hang out in and what woman wouldn’t want to make an entrance or leave in a cloud of pink smoke? Samantha does housework even though she has powers. Seriously?
- If I could choose a superpower, it’d be invisibility. And maybe flying. What the heck, also the ability to fight evil-doers in slow-motion (like Carrie-Anne Moss on The Matrix).
- I’m terrified of sharks and large water-creatures. I don’t swim in any water that I can’t see the bottom. Even in tropical water, I’ve snorkeled and been tense the entire time–imagining a sea creature would choose me as dinner. I hate water sports and getting wet and sunburned. I prefer a pool with a chaise or a beach with an umbrella.
- I’m not a nature person. My idea of roughing it is a cabin near a waterfall, electricity, big soaking tub and modern kitchen with restaurants and hospitals nearby. And wine, steaks and carbs.
- I was the first Ms. Steel City of Pittsburgh (lightweight bodybuilding championships) eons ago. I’m shy around large groups of people but paraded around in a bikini with oil and fake tan all over my body in front of large crowds. Go figure.
- I think beauty contests should be outlawed.
- I am a good soul, think life is good and people are, for the most part, very kind and 50, baby, it’s grand.
Here’s who I’m bestowing the award to (not sure why the links aren’t showing up in color, but if you hover over the name of the blog and click, it’ll take you there):
- Vikki from The View Outside
- Theodora from People, Places and Bling!
- Luwi from Bits of Luwi
- Aileen from Write Now
- Maggie from Someone Fat Happened
- Elizabeth from Scribbling in the Storage Room
- Sue from Swimming in the Mud
- Sweet Mother
- Roam About Mike
- Ron from the Xanax Diary
- Matt from Mallisonwhat’s Blog
- Brinda from Modern Scheherazade
- Chika from Chitra Chatra
- Going Dutch
If you’re been awarded the Sunshine Award, then just link back to your ten things in the comments section. If you want to participate great, if not, then that’s okay too. Spread a little sunshine, people and have a great weekend.