Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, News Worthy, Other Musings, Why Not?

Magnificent Outstanding Mentors — MOMS

This brief blog is about paying honor to what’s coming up on Sunday — Mother’s Day.  I’m not a Mom in the traditional sense (never bore any children of my own), but I’ve nurtured and counseled friends and family.  That’s what Moms do — nurture, love and make the world a better place.  They are the ultimate mentor.

My mother is a very wise, beautiful and strong woman.  We don’t always agree on everything, but she honors my beliefs as I do hers.  A mother does that — loves you for who you are and tries to protect you against anyone or anything that can harm.  But, she also lets you spread your wings, try things out and learn life’s lessons on your own.  Mothers help us define who we are.  They have the least appreciated, but most important “job” in the world.  It takes mad skills to be a Mother, a magnificent, outstanding mentor.

Woo-hoo! My Mom, a pin-up girl. Way to go, Mom!

Here’s a note that I wrote to my Mom when I was a little girl (must have been when I’d just learned cursive, obviously needed to work on my spelling a bit):

I still feel exactly the same way about her.

Our mothers told us things for our own good as we were growing up and 99.999% of the time, they were right.

For all the mothers out there — in every capacity — Happy Mothers’ Day.  For those of us who still have our mothers here in the physical world, aren’t we the lucky ones?  For those whose mother’s spirit is within you, I hope that the fondest memories come flooding back on this special day and you feel that love — a mother’s love, like none other.

MOMS ROCK.

In Honor of Mothers, press play below:

  1. Mother and Child Reunion, Paul Simon
  2. Thank You Mom by Good Charlotte
  3. The Best Day, Taylor Swift
  4. Mama I Love You, Spice Girls
  5. Mama, I’m Coming Home, Ozzy Osbourne
  6. Mama Told Me Not to Come, Three Dog Night
  7. Mamma Mia, ABBA
  8. Mama Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys, Willie Nelson

9 thoughts on “Magnificent Outstanding Mentors — MOMS

  1. A lovely post honey 🙂

    Xx

    Posted by Vikki (The View Outside) | May 12, 2012, 2:51 am
  2. Oh my god Brigitte – your mother is so beautiful, what a great memory and picture. I love the acronym MOM – Magnificent Outstanding Mentors – I agree – you captured the essence of a mother – what does she do but love unconditionally and support forever!

    Posted by BrindaBanerjee | May 13, 2012, 9:17 am
  3. This is so sweet, and so true! Great pic and letter! Thanks for sharing!

    Posted by Ron Stempkowski | May 14, 2012, 8:53 am
  4. Love the note you wrote to your mom when you were little … and the song list is great.

    Posted by transparentguy | May 19, 2012, 2:25 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Pingback: Gravity Wants to Bring Me Down « Brigitte's Banter - July 27, 2012

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo

Google+ photo

Connecting to %s

Word of the Day:

harmony
noun har·mo·ny \ˈhär-mə-nē\

the combination of simultaneous musical notes in a chord

the structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords

the science of the structure, relation, and progression of chords

pleasing arrangement of parts : congruence

agreement, accord

internal calm : tranquility

an interweaving of different accounts into a single narrative

a systematic arrangement of parallel literary passages (as of the Gospels) for the purpose of showing agreement or harmony

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-2017/All Rights Reserved unless noted
%d bloggers like this: