//
you're reading...
Good Things, Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, News Worthy, Other Musings, Writing & Writers

These Books Have Been Banned, Really???

I’m reblogging Maggie’s reblog. According to Mags, it’s Banned Books Week. Really, I mean really?? Read on…

About Brigitte

Writer/Editor/Wanderer

Discussion

14 thoughts on “These Books Have Been Banned, Really???

  1. Thanks Brig!!! xo

    Posted by Maggie O'C | September 24, 2013, 12:07 pm
  2. That is crazy! I can’t believe some of those books have been banned (well, any of them really). I think of the violent garbage our kids are exposed to in movies and games, and yet they can’t read Harriet the Spy or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?! Unbelievable.

    Posted by Carrie Rubin | September 24, 2013, 12:40 pm
    • I KNOW. I agree with you, Carrie. I keep seeing the preview of some new stupid game for kids that has murder, mayhem, sex and everything else you can think of and yet, these books are banned. It boggles the mind.

      Posted by Brigitte | September 24, 2013, 12:52 pm
  3. Banning books makes me want to read them.

    Posted by Smaktakula | September 24, 2013, 12:42 pm
  4. Wow! Those were all surprising. The Brown Bear one cracked me up. Dumb.

    Posted by char | September 24, 2013, 12:59 pm
  5. Thanks for the reblog, Brig. I loved it! Censorship sucks…

    Posted by Cathy Ulrich | September 24, 2013, 9:29 pm
  6. I’d much rather see a ban on violent (and sexist/racist) video games/movies/television. Even if I don’t have the data to prove it, I’m sure there’s a much stronger link between them and the rash of antisocial/psychopathic behavior today than any social ill caused by reading a book.

    Posted by jmmcdowell | September 25, 2013, 3:37 pm

Leave a reply to char Cancel reply

Join 1,794 other subscribers

Archives

For Monday Musings

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Words of the Day

sheesh
/SHēSH/
exclamation

INFORMAL
exclamation: sheesh
  1. used to express disbelief or exasperation.
    “Sheesh! Why can’t you talk to me, you know, like normally?”
Origin
1950s: probably an alteration of jeez.