Writing & Writers

This category contains 76 posts

Hail to the V

No, I don’t mean that V, but what a genius idea that ad campaign was, huh? A marketing team came up with a catchy tagline, albeit controversial, to describe a product that just gets it all out there, paying homage to that. I’m raising my fist in the air with a small pumping action to … Continue reading

My Good and How My Mind Got Me Here. And There. And…

I trade emails from time to time with a very dear and wise friend. We commiserate about life and its ups and downs. We’ll check in to see how the other is doing. We remind each other how fortunate we are. When one of us is feeling down, the other will have some words of … Continue reading

Monday Musings & Motivations — Part Fifty-Six — Be You

One of my favorite quotes of all time is this: Trust thyself. Every heart vibrates to that iron string. – Ralph Waldo Emerson I read that in grade school and it’s helped me through many a confusing time. The sentiment, so simple yet so profound, is the reason why writers write, painters paint, explorers explore … Continue reading

Blogging and Writing

When I began blogging, I didn’t have a clue as to why I was doing it or what I would write about. I had an inkling of an idea. But ideas are fluid—they begin as something and morph into something else as they mature. As time goes along, they reveal themselves as something else again. … Continue reading

Monday Musings & Motivations – Part Fifty- Five — Love, Sweet Love

Oh love! Poets and writers have attempted to describe it since the beginning of time. I don’t know for certain but I’ll bet there’s some hieroglyphics written on a rock somewhere about it. Love can render us speechless, have us act in ways we never would and scientifically speaking, it has the same addictive effect … Continue reading