family

This tag is associated with 20 posts

Monday Musings and Motivations — Part Forty-Six — One Thing

Hello my friends!  It’s been awhile since I’ve written anything.  Not just posts, anything.  I feel rusty but I’ll get back into it, find my stride again.  I’ve missed you, missed writing, missed a stable place to just be. I sit out here on my new patio with a couple of giant ferns slightly swaying, … Continue reading

Just An Ordinary Day

I’ve been feeling low this week.  One moment I’m sad, the next mad and then, at times downright pissed off for no particular reason.  I understand all this is part of loss, of grieving and that these waves of feeling this and that come and go.  My logical brain understands this process but my heart … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Part Thirty-Seven — Intention

I’ve been slowing down lately.  Choosing my time more wisely.  Thinking about what I want to do from this point forward.  I’ve been watching less television, reading more, being kinder to myself.  Going inward a bit I guess. For the last several months, I’ve been going full throttle.  Rushing here and there.  Some of it … Continue reading

Pause

I always considered this day, Valentine’s Day a silly holiday.  Never gave it much thought but I liked it when someone sent me something to tell me that they loved me. I would normally get roses sent to me on this day with a card that read:  “Brig, I love you, Sweetheart, Daddy.”  Or I’d … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Distractions — Part Thirty-Three

I’ve struggled to come up with a post lately.  One that resonates with people; one that transcends what you or someone you know or I might be going through.  That’s what these posts I do every Monday are supposed to be. I decided on distractions.  Those things that we focus on to keep us from … Continue reading

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Word of the Day

vibe
noun
/vaɪba/
the mood or character of a place, situation, or piece of music:
“The music has a soothing vibe.”
“I didn’t like the place – it had bad vibes.”