life

This tag is associated with 25 posts

Use Your Words

Words and communication are complicated. Though we seek out those with whom we have common interests, we rely on their words (and actions) to determine whether we keep those people in our lives. It’s through communicating—using our words—that we’re able to get to the crux of who someone is and what their viewpoint/opinion is. How … Continue reading

Monday Musings & Motivations — Part Fifty-Four – Risk

We each experience life—love, loss, joy, pain—individually, personally, and no one can feel it for us. Friends and/or family can soothe and offer words of comfort or encouragement, but ultimately we have to take whatever it is on— take the risk or not. For some of us, it takes awhile. We do the same thing … Continue reading

You Gotta Laugh

If you look back at some of the best moments of your life, you’ll always find laughter. Laughter can make your heart swell and pump with vitality. According to the Mayo Clinic it can do all this: Stimulate all those organs inside you plus make your brain feel as if you just had chocolate or … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Part Fifty-Three — This Condition of Being Human

We all have baggage.  Some we carry around for decades—a snarky, hurtful comment is like an old tube of travel toothpaste that we find when we dig out a suitcase to go somewhere.  We look at it and think, I’ll just keep this in case I need it again.  Despite that its freshness is gone … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Brevity — Part Forty-Eight

I’m not very good at brevity as anyone who follows my blog knows, but it is a virture from what I’ve heard. Sometimes the best things in life don’t require a long, flowery description.  Sometimes, the best moments, alone and shared are when you don’t say a word.  Or write one or type one. Now … Continue reading