motivations

This tag is associated with 8 posts

Monday Musings and Motivations – Part Fifty-Seven – Grace

As I’m valiantly trying to get back into the rhythm of regular blogging, I thought I’d give the open, ruffle and point method a shot for inspiration. I have The Random House Thesaurus College Edition on my bookshelf. Archaic, huh? I know, Google can give me a thesaurus anytime I want. But since, I’ve carted … Continue reading

My Good and How My Mind Got Me Here. And There. And…

I trade emails from time to time with a very dear and wise friend. We commiserate about life and its ups and downs. We’ll check in to see how the other is doing. We remind each other how fortunate we are. When one of us is feeling down, the other will have some words of … Continue reading

Monday Musings & Motivations — Part Fifty-Six — Be You

One of my favorite quotes of all time is this: Trust thyself. Every heart vibrates to that iron string. – Ralph Waldo Emerson I read that in grade school and it’s helped me through many a confusing time. The sentiment, so simple yet so profound, is the reason why writers write, painters paint, explorers explore … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — On Living a Life — Part Forty-Seven

The older I get the more I realize what living a life means.  It means really fantastically wonderful, make you want to scream at the sheer joy of living times and seriously suck-ass bad, make you want to scream and curl up in the fetal position times.  It means going through the motions when you … Continue reading

Monday Musings and Motivations — Part Forty-Six — One Thing

Hello my friends!  It’s been awhile since I’ve written anything.  Not just posts, anything.  I feel rusty but I’ll get back into it, find my stride again.  I’ve missed you, missed writing, missed a stable place to just be. I sit out here on my new patio with a couple of giant ferns slightly swaying, … Continue reading

Word of the Day:

harmony
noun har·mo·ny \ˈhär-mə-nē\

the combination of simultaneous musical notes in a chord

the structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords

the science of the structure, relation, and progression of chords

pleasing arrangement of parts : congruence

agreement, accord

internal calm : tranquility

an interweaving of different accounts into a single narrative

a systematic arrangement of parallel literary passages (as of the Gospels) for the purpose of showing agreement or harmony

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-2017/All Rights Reserved unless noted