motivations for writing

This tag is associated with 14 posts

TWO GREAT CONTESTS TO ENTER — DEADLINE IS SOON!

Two great contests to pass along and each has a deadline of March 31, 2012. Ploughshares’ Emerging Writers Contest.  Get more info here. Winning Writers Tom Howard/John H. Reid Short Story Contest.  Get info here. Finish up that award-winning short story you’ve been working on and good luck. If you’ve got info about any great contests, … Continue reading

Staying Power

I’ve been writing something; a diary/journal, essay, short stories, research paper,  (for myself and others) for decades.  After high school and college, I always gravitated toward professions — for the most part — that required a good deal of writing and tapping away on a typewriter (those of you who don’t know what that is, … Continue reading

Awesome Blog Content Award

My dear fellow blogger, Sharon nominated me for the ABC (Awesome Blog Content) Award.  Thank you, Sharon!  Please check out her blog,  A bump to the head. You’ll find my own ABCs below and after that, my nominations for the ABC Award. Please pay it forward, post the ABC award on your blog and answer … Continue reading

Two Steps Back, One Spring Forward

I don’t know about you, but when Spring begins peeking through the gray fog (I have that many days where I am), I get a renewed sense of purpose.  I begin thinking about all the things I had meant to do before now, wondering how they got pushed back down on my ever-present, ever-evolving “To-Do” … Continue reading

Literary Libations

Manhattan has over eight million people living within its boundaries — the most populous  city in the United States.  It has always been a place for creative souls and some of those include some of the world’s most prolific and controversial writers.  When some of those writers felt a creative urge coming on, they, at … Continue reading