writer’s voice

This tag is associated with 9 posts

National Grammar Day Celebrates its Fourth Anniversary

Today is National Grammar Day.  Founded in 2008 by Martha Brockenbrough, writer and founder of National Grammar Day and the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar (SPOGG), it’s gained popularity and according to the Chicago Tribune, warranted a letter from President Bush on the first day of its creation.  Read the article, “A toast … Continue reading

A Writer Takes The Challenge — This Time in Beguiling Prose

At the end of January, I challenged my fellow writers/readers with a writing prompt.  In my January 30th blog, Two Twenties and a Ten, I put forth my interpretation of a short story using the word, “jejune” and the phrase from Steven Wright, the comedian — “You can’t have everything.  Where would you put it?” … Continue reading

I Dream of a Cottage in France…

The picture accompanying this blog is from a “poem” that I wrote over ten years ago.  I purchased an inexpensive plague from a craft store and wrote the passage on a piece of parchment paper. I then burned the edges of the paper, glued it on the wooden plague and shellacked it.  I’ve carried this … Continue reading

I Gotta Be Me…

The picture accompanying this blog is one I drew on a piece of notepaper when I was about 15, maybe 17…can’t quite remember the exact age, but I was very young. I don’t know about you, but I have many of those reminders; pieces of paper my Mother kept from when I was in grade … Continue reading