Fiction, Literary Ramblings and Thoughts, News Worthy, Writing & Writers

Time’s Running Out – Enter the Contest!

Photo by Dan Collier

In case you haven’t heard or run across this great contest – 2012 Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Contest, you still have time.  Deadline is March 2nd by 5 p.m. EST.

Subject:  “Objects of Desire” – If objects could talk, what stories would they tell? Historical, religious, beloved, passed along, cast aside — every object tells a story.

Click here for more info.

Only 600 words between you and a possible $1000 and two tickets to the June 6, 2012 Selected Shorts at Symphony Space (and some other cool stuff) if your entry takes the top spot.

Good luck and happy writing!

4 thoughts on “Time’s Running Out – Enter the Contest!

  1. Thanks for the info, Brigitte. I haven’t the faintest idea what I would write about, but worth a try? One reason to be grateful we have a Leap Day this year!

    Posted by Chitra | February 29, 2012, 4:31 am
  2. Thanks for the heads up, Brigitte. I sent in a story. The classes would be a great prize.

    Posted by Elizabeth | February 29, 2012, 1:40 pm

Talk to me, tell me what you think....

WordPress.com Logo

Twitter picture

Facebook photo

Google+ photo

Connecting to %s

Word of the Day:

harmony
noun har·mo·ny \ˈhär-mə-nē\

the combination of simultaneous musical notes in a chord

the structure of music with respect to the composition and progression of chords

the science of the structure, relation, and progression of chords

pleasing arrangement of parts : congruence

agreement, accord

internal calm : tranquility

an interweaving of different accounts into a single narrative

a systematic arrangement of parallel literary passages (as of the Gospels) for the purpose of showing agreement or harmony

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-2017/All Rights Reserved unless noted
%d bloggers like this: