Happy Friday and hope everyone has a safe and great Memorial Day weekend. I’d thought I’d acknowledge those who’ve bestowed some awards on me and make mention of a few kind souls who’ve decided to follow my blog. When you have the time, visit them and maybe they’ll be your kind of thing. The list, as was Monday’s blog list, is random and in no particular order and is at the end of this post.
First, press play below, so you’ll get in the mood.
First up, awards:
This blogger and I have been following each other for awhile now. She’s Sue at Swimming in the Mud and she awarded me with the Versatile Blog Award — thanks, Sue. Go check her blog out, she’s an East Coast girl gone to the West Coast and she has plenty of inspiring and interesting things to say. The “rules” for this award are below (but seriously, if you don’t want to do any of this, it’s okay, just stick it on your blog — if you want to) :).
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (done)
- Share 7 random things about yourself. (see below)
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers. (see immediately following the random things)
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination. (I’m telling you now)
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post. (it’s over there on the right side)
- I hate raspberries.
- I’m allergic to avocados and pomegranates.
- Sometimes when I’m listening to my iPod when I’m walking on the beach, boardwalk or wherever, I imagine I’m in a movie. Or a rockstar. Or a rockstar in a movie.
- If I could relive one day, it would be my wedding day, the second time around. It was perfection.
- One of my favorite quotes (and I’m paraphrasing here) is from the movie, City Slickers, when Jack Palance’s character gives this advice to Billy Crystal’s character: The secret to life is one thing. When Billy Crystal’s character asks what is?, the old cowhand replies, That what you have to find out. I’ve figured it out.
- One of my favorite places is Nantucket
- When it’s my birthday, I like it to be a week-long celebration.
Another brand-new blogger that I’ve only recently discovered, Floating in the Breeze (link above) awarded me the Beautiful Blogger Award (this is the second time I’ve been awarded this one), so thanks so much. Go visit her blog — she’s just been blogging about two months, but her posts are inspiring and have gorgeous pictures — she’s made a recent life change and her blog is journal-like and very nice.
Aileen from Write Now was the first to award me with the above award so please visit her blog. She’s a nice lady from Ireland who is a poet, writer and actor with plenty of feel-good, soul sustenance content. Click here if you’d like to read more about it.
See below for a list of bloggers/followers, chosen totally at random (check back for others in the coming weeks!):
MommaHasaPottyMouth, just like the title says — a mother with a terrible habit of using “colorful” language that rants and raves about many things but gets “mushy” about some too.
BlarneyBounce, a blogger who is true to her Irish roots and meaning of kissing the blarney stone to give you the gift of eloquence or gab. Musings about the meaning and irritations of life.
Musing Monie, a recent college grad begins a 365-day epic journey, traveling through Hong Kong before she joins Corporate America.
On the Homefront and Beyond, a writer and columnist who honed her craft from the “university, hippies and poets.”
Cravesadventure, a husband/wife team’s adventures out West, from hiking to wine tours and everything in-between.
TalktoDiana, a quote collector and former outreach worker.
C’est la Vie, a self-described highly-sensitive person who blogs about everything from fashion to life events and learning to deal with uncomfortable situations.
JoyInTheMoments, a mom (and an author) from the Midwest sharing her experiences.
Shimmeshine, a “thorough introvert,” listener and thinker who blogs about everything from books to fashion and health and fitness.
PontyZen, a writer, photographer and poet from South Wales.
BlastedGoat, a self-described naturalist with a penchant for great books and all kinds of creative hobbies.
I know, enough already! If you’ve read this far, then thank you. Do you think I have enough links in my blog today or what? Most people have a three-day weekend for the Memorial Day holiday — for all veterans and their families — thank you and I honor you.
Have a great weekend everyone.