//
you're reading...
Fiction, Good Things, Humor, Love and life, Other Musings, Why Not?

Do You Believe?

It’s Friday so I think some light-hearted nonsense is in order.  I know I need some.

I’m a Taurus and from reading the description of what a Taurus women is:

We Taurus woman LOVE pillows and flowers!

The Taurus woman is feminine, soft and highly diplomatic. She has a lyrical speaking voice that soothes and comforts you, and she could even have a talented singing voice (Barbara Streisand is a Taurus). Ruled by Venus, Taurus is a sign which adores the arts–from music to painting–and will enthusiastically go to any cultural event her lover suggests. Her bed will be the pinnacle of comfort, with piles of pillows and a fluffy comforter. There might be fresh flowers in her bedroom, or she might have a glass wall overlooking a lush garden. She will make her environment so inviting you won’t want to leave, for Taurus adores comfort.

Oh yeah.  I’ll buy that, but I bet there are those of you who read that and think that describes me too!  It also says on “how to handle a Taurus woman” is to Treat her well and she’ll be yours for a long, long time.

Well, cha’ that most definitely doesn’t hurt.

And this:

Taurean women do not see social status while making their friends. They want to be friends with people who do not hide their true nature and come across as they really are.

And:  A Taurean girl hates anything artificial, be the flowers in her vase or the friends in her life. She has to feel the fragrance of real roses and the presence of real people. The beauty of Mother Nature especially pleases her.

True dat.

It Ain’t All Good

You are mine forever. Don’t piss me off.

Most of the Taurus women are very possessive and particular about most of their belongings. They are very lazy and prefer living life as simply and easily as possible. They are very stubborn and can lose golden opportunities due to their attitude. Because of their love for food, they can easily put on weight.

So I’m stubborn but loyal, creative with a tendency to be lazy.  Don’t piss me off and you’ll be fine.  If you feed me too much that curvy roundness may require bigger clothes in the future.  I think that describes a whole lotta women.

Then there’s this:

All-in-all, a Taurus woman is loyal, beautiful, and romantic. She makes for an ideal friend, a caring mother, and a very romantic lover. The most exciting Taurus woman characteristic is that, with her pleasant and dynamic existence, she can make anybody’s life bright and wonderful.

I like that way-y-y-y-y better.

One of those websites said a perfect gift for me is a Wonder Bra because of a Taurus’ woman’s “roundness.”  Hmmm.  Or maybe it’s because this Taurus woman isn’t what I read in the New York Daily News:

“. . .the national average bra size for a woman today is a 38 DD.”  WHAT???  So, I guess a wonder bra is in order for me ‘cause mama needs a little help in that department.  Seriously, 38 DD??!!  When did that happen?!!  Hubby knows there better be more than a Wonder Bra when he brings me a present.

I Only Believe It When It’s Good

As far as horoscopes go, I believe it if I stumble across one when it says something good or positive.  If if says something bad or negative, I don’t.  I clipped one out of a magazine a couple of years ago that said this and have it hanging on my bulletin board:

A Taurus woman on a good day.

Keep believing in you!  The New Moon promises that whatever you invest your time and energies in will have a big payoff attached.  You may feel like you’re chasing your own caboose, but by month’s end, exhausting destractions take off on a different track.  Wrap a crystal in red fabric and keep it under your pillow from the 3rd to the 18th.  As you fall asleep and awaken, think of how much money you would like to make.  You’ll stop losing sleep over things you can’t control.

Now, Free Will Astrology says this for me this week:

Someone at Reddit.com posted a question to the community: Could anyone help him recreate the aroma of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland? He said he loved that smell. It was a blend of damp earth, rotting wood, and gunpowder. It had musty overtones, a hint of chlorine, and a tantalizing freshness. If only he could get that fragrance to permeate his house, he testified, he’d always be able to work at peak efficiency. You might want to follow his lead, Taurus. It’s a good time to identify and gather all the ingredients you would need to make sure your environment inspires you to the max.

Good thing I picked up some pachouli while I was in Woodstock.  Now, I’m off to burn some, wear my Wonderbra, cook spaghetti and buy some wine for the weekend.  We Taurus women — we do love our luxuries.

Have a good weekend.  By the way, what’s your sign? ;).

Horoscopes stuff:  Taurus Woman Characteristics, Astrology Zone, Free Will Astrology
Photo creds:  Taurus woman, riding a bull

About Brigitte

Writer/Editor/Wanderer

Discussion

101 thoughts on “Do You Believe?

  1. I get way into the horoscope thing. I even have an app on my phone. I don’t ever REALLY believe it, but it’s fun when it seems to be spot on. I am a cancer. Today mine says: “There’s a great deal of power to your words today, Cancer, so be careful how you use them” – Now I am sitting here thinking, “Oh god. Did I say something offensive in today’s blog post?” and biting my nails ;).

    Posted by becca3416 | October 19, 2012, 2:32 pm
  2. I’m all aflutter to find out what Cancer Women like. Even the title doesn’t sound as good as Taurus. But pachouli, a Wonderbra and spaghetti? What’s not to love about that. Maybe I’ll switch teams.

    Posted by michelleatplay | October 19, 2012, 2:38 pm
  3. I’m a virgo, I’d be pretty picky about that wonder bra. And the spaghetti better have meatballs! Oh yeah, still holding that pachouli to send to you in case you run out. 😉

    Posted by JackieP | October 19, 2012, 2:57 pm
  4. I meant what I said on my gallery profile. I was drawn to earth by the light of a moonbeam and crashed onto the shore with the full force of nature. Born on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer, I’m a real piece of work. I must have been sitting on a cloud trying to decide whether to make the leap or not and some Taurus came up and said, “I believe in you,” and then gave me a shove. Great post today Brigitte.

    Posted by Honie Briggs | October 19, 2012, 3:13 pm
  5. I’m a Taurus that has not read anything in years either astrological sign or horoscope-related until your post. Thank you for filling that void in my life even though flowers set off my allergies, I have a voice that’s only capable of dropping a tune and the place that a Wonder Bra could do most good on my person is if it could lift my middle age haunches. Now I will return to regularly scheduled cynicism.

    Posted by lameadventures | October 19, 2012, 3:34 pm
    • HA! I knew there was a reason I liked you so much, a fellow Taurean. I think I’m getting allergies as I get older too but I do like to sing and I think it sounds good — that’s really all that matters, right? I wish I could push up the haunch thing into the place that the Wonder Bra is designed for. Thanks and I love your cynicism nestled in just the right amount of smarta*s. 😀

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 3:49 pm
  6. I am a Taurus too — I do not need a Wonderbra but I love pretty things and comfort and culture and yes I am a little stubborn. I just bought some wine for the weekend, am about to go to the library to pick up some books I have on hold–and there are some steaks in the fridge (which will make my hubby happy). I am on the cusp of being an Aries, so I used to take the best of the reading for the day from whichever sign was more to my liking –now I just ignore it — I do that for awhile then go back to reading it. Anyway – this was a good post, as always. (Are those of the Taurus persuasion prone to run on sentences?)

    Posted by on thehomefrontandbeyond | October 19, 2012, 4:41 pm
    • Another Taurus! Who doesn’t like comfort and culture??!! Wine, books and steak — now that’s the finer things in life. We’re doing the same — wine and steaks. And yeah, the astrology thing is mainly nonsense but if it helps you to be in a better mood then what the heck, right? It’s like anything else, if you believe…. and yes, I think we’re most definitely prone to run-on sentences, too much detail, rambling on, posts that are longer than they should be, comments too detailed….

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 4:51 pm
  7. Well, after reading that description, I know I’m definitely not a Taurus! I’m a Sagitarius, but that doesn’t describe me well either. I’m much more like a Scorpio, which is close to my birthday. I only missed it by a few days. Not that I pay any attention to horoscopes. Just like a Scorpio… 🙂

    Posted by Carrie Rubin | October 19, 2012, 5:15 pm
  8. It doesn’t surprise me at all that you’re a Taurus, Brigitte. Tauri are good peeps. I’m a Capricorn. I’m not sure what we’re best known for besides being snotty and anal-retentive.

    Posted by Madame Weebles | October 19, 2012, 5:37 pm
    • Thanks, Weebs. I like Capricorn women, not fond of the male persuasion though of that sign. Just kidding…going from personal experience. ;). Anal-retentive I can see which is the mark of intelligence but snotty I don’t see that at all. 😀

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 9:14 pm
  9. A number of years ago, I had my natal chart done by an Astrologer. I knew my sun sign was Scorpio, but it turns out I also have my moon and three planets in Scorpio – a conjunction, as it were. So Scorpio times five. You should have seen the astrologer’s eyes – big as saucers! What I know about Scorpios is they’re intense and sensual. It was not easy being a teenager with this configuration, but I’ve learned to temper it over the years. Apparently some of the greatest humanitarians and some of the worst criminals throughout history have been Scorpios…

    And Brigitte, my Mom was a Taurus and so is my sister – she was born on Mom’s birthday – April 25th, so Tauruses have a special place in my heart. They are wonderful people – slow to anger – but watch out if you push them over the edge – you better have that red cape handy and be willing to shout “OLE!”

    Posted by Cathy Ulrich | October 19, 2012, 6:02 pm
    • That sounds like fun and I’ve heard it can be much more accurate if you know how the planets were aligned on the day you were born, etc. Scorpion women are supposed to be a lover of luxury (as well as other fine things in life, if you know what I mean) from what I’ve read. You obviously fell on the “right” side of the planetary alignment, Cathy. Thank you, we Taureans are fiercely loyal and protective of the people we love but you very right about the anger thing…best not to push us. ;).

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 9:17 pm
  10. Crap. I just wrote a comment and it disappeared!
    Like Weebs, it’s no surprise to me that you’re a Taurus, Brig. You seem to have all of those lovely attributes. (I’ll pretend like the others don’t exist.)
    I’m a Leo in Western horoscopes and a Water Tiger in the Chinese horoscope. I have this AMAZING book that is almost spooky with crazy detail. (Sandee is also a Water Tiger, too.) We have Yang energy aka male energy! haha! No surprise there.
    If you tell me your year of birth I can tell you some cool stuff.
    Weebs is a Capricorn – that’s one of the few signs that Leos get along with. I’m drawn to her passion, drive, no-nonsense approach to life and her awesome sense of humor.
    Okay, so I’m bored. Give me your years and I’ll give you some cool stuff.

    Posted by A Gripping Life | October 19, 2012, 6:05 pm
    • Don’t you HATE when that happens??!! And why does it?? Thank you and of course I have none of the “bad” flaws. (yeah right). I think I’m that boar/pig in the Chinese thing but that’s not a bad thing. And I can definitely see the male thing in you and Sandee — for the good reasons. So you’re a Leo — I like Leos. Don’t want you to be bored…I’ll send you the intimate details so you can send me the good stuff. I think I’m two years older than you…

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 9:20 pm
      • You are exactly the same as my sister. She’s also a Taurus and earth Pig. Your YIN, so female energy. Your motto is, “I preserve.”
        “Pig women are among the worthiest persons ever born. Kind, loving, devoted, true, compliant, self-effacing, forgiving, affectionate, compassionate and honest.” Wow! this is YOU, Brig.
        The earth Pig sticks close to the soil and it’s restorative properties. The earth element contributes an even more intense need for tradition and closeness to history. Whatever they decide to do will be closely related to tradition and aesthetics. often the earth pig is involved in art. He or she may be a painter, writer, curator or collector of fine art.
        Rosanna Arquette and Tracey Ullman are both earth Pigs. So is Paul Cezanne, Alfred Hitchcock, Ernest Hemingway, and Fred Astaire.

        There’s sooo much more in this book, “The New Chinese Astrology,” by Suzanne White. If you go to a book store thumb through the chapter called the Pristine Pig. I think you’ll like it.

        Posted by A Gripping Life | October 19, 2012, 10:30 pm
      • Wow. Okay I really like this one, Grippy! :). As much as I think most of this is “nonsense,” it’s odd how you do run across some that seem really spot on. I’ve not heard of this book but I’ll have to pick it up and delve into it further. I think one of the horoscope things I found was by Suzanne White. Thanks, Grippy.

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:20 am
      • She’s really good. I thought yours was interesting because your energy is earth and I know you have a love of the outdoors, open spaces, country, etc.

        One day I started thinking about how horoscopes could co-exist with Christian doctrine. In Genesis the word “create” translates as to “organize.” I started thinking, what if God’s spirit children (us) were organized by the planets and stars? Did you know that when Jesus was born there was a planet/star alignment that would never occur again? Weird, right? I also believe that God created everything, including the laws of science and is also bound by His own laws. Anyway, I think it’s possible for our arrival into mortality to coincide with certain gravitational pulls that give us certain personalities. All of my son’s friends have the same odd way of seeing things. They’re all metal goats – quirky people. Coincidence? I don’t know.
        Other times I think it’s non-sense. I like to look at things from all angles if I can. Mostly it ends up being fun.

        Posted by A Gripping Life | October 20, 2012, 11:44 am
      • As always, you open my mind up to new thinking and what you’ve said makes sense. I DO believe that the tides, the way the planets align do have an affect on us so why wouldn’t they when we entered this physical plane of existence? I feel like we need to be in a smokey coffee house with black turtle necks on. And yes, I agree with you, God did create everything and God is us. See, you and I are alike — I too like to look at things from all angles. Thank you, my friend. We need to have long email conversations….

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 1:59 pm
      • I know, right? I realized that when I was half way through my message! haha!

        Posted by A Gripping Life | October 20, 2012, 2:52 pm
      • Say what? No, I meant I’d LIKE to have a private email chat with you! You can leave me as many comments as you want as many times as you want! Nevermind, I’ll email you. :).

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 3:57 pm
      • I knew what you meant! haha! I just meant my comment was getting into heavy and deep territory.
        We could probably write novels to each other on email!

        Posted by A Gripping Life | October 20, 2012, 4:01 pm
      • I’m up for that, Lisa and I mean it. I love your head on some things.

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 4:02 pm
      • Grippy just gave me my Chinese horoscope — very interesting stuff. You guys are always so much fun to read

        Posted by unfetteredbs | October 20, 2012, 4:28 pm
      • What are you? I’m a Pristine Pig. Somehow that doesn’t seem very attractive but apparently we’re quite sexy. Thanks for engaging in my non-sense, as Grippy puts it. 😉

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 4:34 pm
      • this is fun stuff
        The Monkey is Yin or female energy. Your motto is “I entertain.”
        Reasonable, faithful, autonomous, candid, altruistic, successful, inventive, co-operative, loving, intelligent, individualistic, and generous entertainers.

        You’re an EARTH monkey. The earth element endows the monkey with solid natural wisdom and insight. Because she is so perceptive, she is painfully aware of certain dark truths about life at an early age. In China the Earth Monkey is a teacher – you’re able to impart knowledge.

        You’re sentimental, and deep thinking.

        Posted by unfetteredbs | October 20, 2012, 4:35 pm
      • That sounds like you. An Earth monkeyied, large-breasted, wise, insightful, sentimental, entertaining, lovely deep thinker that imparts knowledge with your astounding haikus. And a Libra. You’re good people. xxoo

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 4:38 pm
      • how the heck did you squeeze large breasts in there ? ahh we are all good peeps that is why we are hanging out here

        Posted by unfetteredbs | October 20, 2012, 4:39 pm
      • no sexiness for me in my sign

        Posted by unfetteredbs | October 20, 2012, 4:37 pm
  11. Aries! (And a fan of the Wonderbra. There. I’ve said it.) Here’s a lingerie airport security tip! If your bra has metallic threads in it, don’t wear it to the airport. Leave the glad rag at home. Silly gal. I completely forgot. “Holy Moley” is what the TSA employee shouted to her fellow security squad after they “scanned” me. It was quite the scene. After they solved the “mystery,” everyone had a big laugh. Enjoy the weekend! T.

    Posted by Theadora | October 19, 2012, 6:26 pm
  12. Fun post Brigitte! I hung out with my Taurean coworker today on a museum field trip. She’s very mellow and steady. Yeah, I know Taureans are known for their love of luxury.

    I hate telling people my sign because people always go oooooooo. My parents put me in a box and treated me a certain way I think because of it. As an adult I try not to focus on it too much. Every so often I do see what everyone says. The revenge part I’m not into — I’m an eagle Scorpion so they say — I get it off my chest and move on and upward — though I did used to be a seething grey lizard Scorpion, until I evolved.

    I’m Scorpio Scorpio rising — I had my chart done and I forget all the details but everything’s Scorpio. For one thing sex is a religion for us. I had a boyfriend who was Scorpio. So here we were two Scorpions — ouch! But the sexual relationship was intense — until it turned stagnant — which can happen when two Scorpions are at a stalemate.

    I tell you what — I wouldn’t want to get a Taurean angry 🙂 I hear you guys actually see red when mad!

    Posted by Sword-chinned bitch | October 19, 2012, 7:23 pm
    • Thanks, Sandee….it was meant to be fun. I think we can just about read anything into those descriptions but I’ve always heard that about Scorpios. We (Taureans and Scorpios) are supposedly that lover of luxury and sensual things including what you’ve described. But putting two Scorpios together would probably make for some intense and wonderful sex but would burn out. And you’re right about the anger thing…it takes awhile and it really takes something to get there, but it’s not pretty. Thanks for joining in the nonsense. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 9:24 pm
  13. PUSH BarBRA aside, you’re the “FUNNY GIRL” now!!! (wow! That was a double funny!… PUSH BRA! Get it? FUNNY GIRL BARBRA? Get it? Sometimes I amaze myself! Ha Ha!!! Funny in my own mind! Ugggh) Happy Friday, Moonday-Musing Girl !!!

    Posted by Swimming In The Mud | October 19, 2012, 7:26 pm
  14. It looks like I’m the first Libra to chime in. Indecisive, fair, and diplomatic are traits I share with the sign. Not that they’re related. But then again, they could be….. 😉

    38DD is the average? Well, I’d better not say anything or the diplomacy bit goes out the window. 🙂

    Posted by jmmcdowell | October 19, 2012, 7:53 pm
  15. I have the same attitude as you about horoscopes….. only believe it when it says something good.

    I’m a Scorpio and I’ve found that I match the general descriptions fairly accurately. We’re deep, mysterious, and never quick to open up and make friends but when we do, it’s for the long haul. If we get hurt, you’ll be on our blacklist pretty much for eternity (probably not such a good thing since grudges kind of eat you up).

    My two roommates in college were both Tauruses and we all got along very well so I’m not surprised we do as well. 😉

    Posted by lillianccc | October 19, 2012, 9:58 pm
    • Why believe the bad shite, right? You’re like the 3rd or 4th Scorpio to stop in. From what you’re describing, I could say the thing about me. I normally don’t give second chances and once I’m burned, yeah there’s the blacklist thing. I may not hold a grudge after time, but I’ll never forget! See, I knew I really liked you for a reason! Thanks, Lillian. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | October 19, 2012, 10:02 pm
  16. I love learning about my astrological sign!! I’m a Sagittarius, and find that the descriptions are 90% accurate. I’m on the cusp of Scorpio so some of those traits match me. Of course, I never exhibit the negative traits of either sign 😉

    Posted by Jen and Tonic | October 19, 2012, 11:25 pm
    • Got a few Sagittarius here (what’s the plural for Sagittarius?). I’m the same — I’m all the good and of course, none of the bad. 😉

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:26 am
      • Sagittarii? Sagittarians?

        Posted by Jen and Tonic | October 20, 2012, 7:00 pm
      • It’s kind of like penis. The reason why I say this if because a blog I follow, http://honiebriggs.com/ just got back from Italy and had a tour of a place where penii (penises, peen) were revered everywhere. So I think the same rule applies here. Ignore me, Jen…most of the time, I seriously don’t know what I’m talking about. :). But I think it’s probably Sagittarians so my whole thing about penis(es) was moot. Good grief.

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:18 pm
      • Actually, you bring up an excellent point. I have ALWAYS wondered what the plural of penis is. I mean, I’m lucky to get someone to show me ONE, but it’s still good to know this stuff!

        Posted by Jen and Tonic | October 20, 2012, 10:09 pm
  17. I’m a Virgo/.. I never really read much on Horoscopes except i did used to look forward to the “Cosmopolitan Bedside Astrological” booklet. I just googled and some of what it says is this:
    “The Virgo personality is hard on themselves. They have high ideals for how they should be. This extends to the world too. They see how things could be better and they feel pressure to do something practical to bring about this desired change. ”

    I liked this one too:”A healthy Virgo will be the least in need of a psychologist. ” yeah, no shrinks couch for me .lol
    I like Taurus people too, no wonder we get along 🙂

    Posted by free penny press | October 20, 2012, 7:35 am
    • Another Virgo! I know, but they’re kind of fun every once in awhile which is why I only believe the good stuff — ha! But from the way in which you’re describing a Virgo, I can relate to as well. But kudos that you’ll never need any therapy, right? :). I like you (and your style) a lot too so obviously Taureans and Virgos are likeminded, marvelous and astonishingly intelligent people. How’s that for a horoscope? :).

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:25 am
  18. In all seriousness, that “Pirates of the Caribbean” smell IS pretty cool. I hadn’t thought about it before, but that’s my favorite Disneyland Ride.

    Regarding breastuses–they’re awesome in all sizes.

    Regarding astrology–I am not a believer. When it comes to that stuff I’m not QUITE an atheist (still an agnostic) but almost. Same with the Tarot, divining the future from chicken entrails, etc.

    I’m a Virgo, which apparently means I’m hyper-organized. That could not be LESS me.

    Posted by Smaktakula | October 20, 2012, 12:47 pm
    • Is it like pachouli? I agree with you about the breast thing and I’m kind of the same way about the whole astrology thing. Not tried the chicken entrails thing — sounds messy. You’re the only guy to comment here, Smak but you’re such a rebel so I so appreciate your male, unorganized Virgo perspective. As you see, you’re in fine company here. Thank you for your input and bravery.

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 1:55 pm
  19. I’m a Pisces woman, in my element in or on the water, and always swimming in two directions. Today do I honour my free spirit? Or do I go for responsible and respectable? I have to figure out how to move this from “either or” and make it an “and” kind of proposition 🙂

    Posted by Deliberately Delicious | October 20, 2012, 3:09 pm
    • A Pisces! You are the first and so is my sister. Yep, from what you describe, she sounds the same, Sally. I say honor your free spirit today — it’s Saturday. :). Thank you Sally.

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 3:59 pm
    • I’m a Pisces as well. Yep, Fish is a Pisces. I think technically I’m a Pisces-Aries cusp. I had a neighbor, years and years ago, who was big into astrology. She used to tell me stuff all the time, but now I’ve forgotten it all.

      Posted by Fish Out of Water | October 20, 2012, 9:30 pm
      • Figures Fish. :). It’s all just fun and like I said I just believe the good stuff because it makes me feel good. Thanks for engaging in the fun and nonsense.

        Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:33 pm
  20. Love astrology, Brig, always so entertaining and frequently enlightening! I’m a Virgo without the fussbudget mania, and I totally suck at housekeeping. On the plus side, I’m easily amused and always ready to laugh! xoxoM

    Posted by Margarita | October 20, 2012, 3:56 pm
    • Getting many Virgos here. I like Virgos. I suck at housekeeping too, M. I don’t like it at all and I’m perfectly fine with that. Thank you — I’m easily amused as well — that’s a GOOD thing. Thank you. xoxo

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 4:00 pm
  21. I’m not really big into horoscopes. I’ll read ’em for a laugh. I’m an Aquarius and apparently that makes me something like Phoebe off Friends. Nah.

    Posted by Storkhunter | October 20, 2012, 4:19 pm
  22. Ahhhhhh, a fellow Taurean! 🙂

    Xx

    Posted by Vikki (The View Outside) | October 20, 2012, 4:34 pm
  23. According to some horoscopes, I am a Taurus. According to others, I am a Gemini. I do seem to be a blend of both. I have multiple sides to me and they’re all stubborn (and they all need Wonderbras too.)

    Fun post Brigitte, I hope you’re enjoying your day! ~Christy

    Posted by runningonsober | October 20, 2012, 5:53 pm
    • Christy, Gemini’s have two personalities, right? Isn’t that the twins? Taureans are stubborn but loyal, so that seems to be opposite as well. Doesn’t matter — I welcome any and all “sides” of you. :). And good, glad it’s not just me that needs a Wonderbra. Hope you are doing the same, friend — enjoying your day!

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:04 pm
  24. Like Grippy, I’m a Leo–I have my Moon in Aries and my rising sign is Virgo (thus my OCD tendencies, I think). I need to read this blog more often, as it always amuses/informs me and I read and don’t comment which makes me a bad guest. It’s akin to going to a party, having a drink and a munchie, and not saying a word to anyone who is there.

    Posted by Addie | October 20, 2012, 6:34 pm
    • Hi Addie, I love Leos. The Lion, strong, forthright — all that. I have OCD tendencies as well. I hope you do read my blog more often but I also need to come over to your blog. You’re not a bad guest. If you want to observe that’s good and if you want to chime in, that’s great too. I’m going to follow you so I know more about you. Thanks for stopping in!

      Posted by Brigitte | October 20, 2012, 9:06 pm
  25. Hi Brigitte – I’m a Taurus too! Love the part about focusing on the positive parts of the horoscope! I’m propping my many pillows now and smelling the roses too! 🙂

    Posted by Laura Lamere | October 21, 2012, 10:21 am
  26. I’m a Sagittarius, and the best thing I ever heard about that sign was from a friend who is very into these things. He said, “I’ve never met a Sagittarius I didn’t like.” Although I had (to my knowledge) absolutely no impute on the timing of my birth, I took it as a lovely compliment.

    Posted by notedinnashville | October 21, 2012, 11:54 pm
  27. I am capricorn, tell me you have good news in your words of wisdom for me..

    Posted by reptilesintheicecream | October 23, 2012, 12:51 am
    • Rep, I found this for your horoscope today:

      Overall today, dear Capricorn, you are seeing the bigger picture and putting most worries aside. For you, “most” worries is a great thing! A partner or someone who helps you to see a different perspective can be integral when it comes to setting your mind at ease. Allow as much compassion as you can to flow right now, and you will benefit many times over now and in the future. You can get a little help from a friend today. Conversations tend to turn to ideal situations, dreams, and long-term goals. Creativity: Excellent; Relationship: Good; Business: Good

      Now that’s a good one so I’d believe it. ;). This is what it says about a Capricorn woman:

      Outwardly reserved the Capricorn woman is a complex bundle of practicality, endearing modesty and self discipline in selected areas, often reserving her fun and sexy wild side exclusively for those who are very close to her.

      Now go have some fun and show that crazy fun wild side — :D. Thanks Rep!

      Posted by Brigitte | October 23, 2012, 7:57 am
  28. Makes me want to be a Taurus! But…I’m a libra. Great Blog! I really enjoyed my visiti!

    Posted by cookiecharm | March 15, 2013, 1:14 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Pingback: Scorpio « 1800ukillme - October 23, 2012

  2. Pingback: C’mon Play with Me…It’ll be Fun « Brigitte's Banter - January 18, 2013

Leave a reply to Brigitte Cancel reply

Join 1,794 other subscribers

Archives

For Monday Musings

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Words of the Day

sheesh
/SHēSH/
exclamation

INFORMAL
exclamation: sheesh
  1. used to express disbelief or exasperation.
    “Sheesh! Why can’t you talk to me, you know, like normally?”
Origin
1950s: probably an alteration of jeez.