I’m always grateful and astounded when others give me these nice awards and I’ve not acknowledged that so I thought I’d do that today and pass it along to other brilliant bloggers and writers out there.
Illuminating Blogger Award
This is from High, Higher, Highest. Go visit this blogger who refers to herself as a perpetual perfectionist and has a J.M. Barrie quote on her blog: We are all failures…at least the best of us are. I like that. Thank you, HHH!
Here’s the “rules.”
- Visit the award site (done) leave a comment (done), tell everyone who nominated you (done) and thank the blogger (done) and include a link back to their site (done).
- Share a random thing about yourself: I am a procrastinator when it comes to do something nice for myself (like finishing my dad-blasted !8#&!! book) – done
- Select five or more nominees — see below and notify them. I hope you’re reading this and you’ll see you’ve been nominated. (There’s a whole lotta links, so I hope you have some time.)
- Put the award on your blog somewhere – done
(BTW, if you don’t want to do any of this, you don’t have to, just put the award on your blog if you want to. 🙂 The bloggers below illuminate me in all kinds of ways. Some have lots of followers, others are just starting out, others always leave me wonderful comments and all are so appreciated. Go visit them and see if they’re your thing and give them some blog love.
For Fun and Brilliant Collaboration I’m Making Mention of this One:
It’s from Sincerely Slapdash and Maggie from Someone Fat Happened created this oh-so-cool and brilliant award, Freshly Slapped! Thank you, ladies — you’re quite awesome. Go visit them — they’re funny and very creative.
Blingin’ and Sparkle
Finally, from Vikki from the The View Outside, I have the Sparkly Award. I guess I am pretty sparkly, especially after a couple of glasses of wine. ;). Thank you, Vikki.
To all of you listed above, I’m giving it to you (including High, Higher, Highest and the male bloggers — c’mon you’re secure enough in your masculinity). Take it, own it and spread the sparkle.
Try saying that after a couple of glasses of wine.
The rules are 1) answer the questions below, 2) thank the person who gave to you, 3)link back to that person and pass it along to as many peeps as you want. (You don’t have to do any of this if you don’t want to, but here are the questions and my brief answers):
- Describe yourself in 7 words: Crazy, caring, self-deprecating, sensitive, soulful, kind, brave.
- What keeps you up at night? Hubby snoring sometimes, my pups moving around and worrying about stupid things
- Whom would you like to be? I am who I want to be right now.
- What are you wearing right now? A pale pink peignoir set with three-inch feathered mules. Just, kidding, this is kind of creepy but I’ll tell you anyway: Tee-shirt, shorts and flip-flops
- What scares you? Mean-spirited people and mice.
- What are the best and worst things about blogging? I get to write. Something I say may be misinterpreted and hurt someone’s feelings.
- If I could change one thing about myself, what would it be? My knees.
- Slankets, yes or no? I had to google this and H to the E to the double L, NO.
- Tell us something about the person who nominated you. She’s a very cool, kind and lovely person/writer from across the pond.
Thanks so much to everyone that takes the time to give me these and to read my posts. I really appreciate it.
I will introduce you to some other great blogs in the future and add to my blogroll in the coming days.
One more thing: A special tribute to Nora Ephron, the incredible writer who left the physical world yesterday. She will be missed.
Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy. – Nora Ephron