A brief post today to thank and acknowledge a couple of people who’ve bestowed awards on me or invited me to engage in a tag question/game. I figure if they take the time to do this, I’ll take the time to respond in kind.
This is from Allan at Om Sweet Om. He’s a very nice guy who works on big, scary tall bridges in California. There’s a picture of him standing up there on the Golden Gate Bridge on his about page. He takes beautiful pics and imagine the perspective he has! Anyway he asked me these questions and I’m giving my short answers — thank you, Allan.
- Would you rather drive or ride in a vehicle?
Drive, I’m an excellent driver and a control freak.
- Would your ideal evening be spent alone or with others?
Me, hubby and my dogs — movies, popcorn, sometimes wine, best night ever.
- Are you a Day-person or a Night Owl?
Day, my brain works best in the a.m.
- Talk radio or music in the car?
My own music.
- How much time do you spend at work, including traveling both ways?
It depends. I work at home and it varies, time-wise. Sometimes there’s lots, sometimes none.
- If you were to enroll in college today, what course of study would you choose?
Creative writing or forensic pathology.
- Fiction or Non-fiction?
- Live TV or On Demand?
I don’t know. There’s no television program or movie that I ever HAVE to see right away.
- Plane, train or automobile?
Car. (It’s that control thing I have).
- Black or brown shoes?
- Swimming, walking or jogging?
Jackie from Change for a Better Me gave me the Liebster Award. I don’t know what a Liebster is, but thank you, Jackie. Go visit her — she has some delicious, healthy recipes on her blog and she has another writerly type blog as well. She’s a lovely human being. This one also has eleven questions to answer:
- What got you into blogging?
I wanted to get in the habit of writing, creatively, for myself and to find out what blogging was all about. I wanted to expand my horizons and “meet” and talk to people from everywhere.
- What have you learned about yourself through your blog?
That I enjoy the camaraderie of finding out about other people, from everywhere and from different professions and walks of life. They (you guys) inspire me.
- When you aren’t blogging what do you do?
Write creative stories, work on my book and drum up freelance business.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What’s your greatest vice?
I procrastinate when it comes to doing things for myself sometimes and have problems saying no. I’ve got others but why talk about those?
- Who is/was your greatest influence in your life?
My parents, I guess for all kinds of reasons. My husband for all kinds of wonderful reasons.
- Who is your favorite author?
No way I can answer this as my tastes in reading vary as my moods do.
- What music do you prefer to listen to?
Same answer as above. But, I don’t like bluegrass or that insane-like jazz that some people say they like because they say it’s cool, but it sounds like crazy horns and stuff just sporadically put together. I’m sure there’s a rhyme and reason to it, but I just don’t get it. I like jazz, just not the stuff I just described so poorly — there’s probably a name for it but I don’t know what it is.
- If you could, who would you like to have cook for you?
I’ve already got that. Hubby does most of the cooking and he should be a chef. He’s like an artiste at that and he loves it.
- Imagine that you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you say?
Buddha, Jesus Christ, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama and Viktor Frankel. What’s the meaning of life and why can’t we all adapt to this peace thing you all ascribe to?
- Are you happy?
YES. And grateful, always.
Since I know that some of you don’t engage in awards and then if I send it, you may feel pressure to respond, I’m just going to put all the above questions out there. If you want to play, then please do so. If not, that’s okay — it’s an open invitation to EVERYONE that follows this blog of mine, thank you so much — and you don’t have to link back to me or this post unless you want to. I’d love to hear your answers and have a GREAT WEEKEND, my friends.
Here’s a song about hearts connecting — enjoy. And peace.