//
you're reading...
Good Things, Humor, Love and life, Motivations, News Worthy, Non-Fiction, Other Musings, Why Not?, Writing & Writers

Happy Weekend and Some Other Stuff

A brief post today to thank and acknowledge a couple of people who’ve bestowed awards on me or invited me to engage in a tag question/game.  I figure if they take the time to do this, I’ll take the time to respond in kind.

This is a big bridge I’ve been over. But I’ve never climbed it.

This is from Allan at Om Sweet Om.  He’s a very nice guy who works on big, scary tall bridges in California.  There’s a picture of him standing up there on the Golden Gate Bridge on his about page.  He takes beautiful pics and imagine the perspective he has!  Anyway he asked me these questions and I’m giving my short answers — thank you, Allan.

Allan’s Questions:

  • Would you rather drive or ride in a vehicle?
    Drive, I’m an excellent driver and a control freak.
  • Would your ideal evening be spent alone or with others?
    Me, hubby and my dogs — movies, popcorn, sometimes wine, best night ever.
  • Are you a Day-person or a Night Owl?
    Day, my brain works best in the a.m.
  • Talk radio or music in the car?
    My own music.
  • How much time do you spend at work, including traveling both ways?
    It depends.  I work at home and it varies, time-wise.  Sometimes there’s lots, sometimes none.
  • If you were to enroll in college today, what course of study would you choose?
    Creative writing or forensic pathology.
  • Fiction or Non-fiction?
    FICTION.
  • Live TV or On Demand?
    I don’t know.  There’s no television program or movie that I ever HAVE to see right away.
  • Plane, train or automobile?
    Car. (It’s that control thing I have).
  • Black or brown shoes?
    Black.
  • Swimming, walking or jogging?
    Brisk walking.

I’ve probably eaten all of this food at one time or another.

Jackie from Change for a Better Me gave me the Liebster Award.  I don’t know what a Liebster is, but thank you, Jackie.  Go visit her — she has some delicious, healthy recipes on her blog and she has another writerly type blog as well.  She’s a lovely human being.  This one also has eleven questions to answer:

Jackie’s Questions:

  • What got you into blogging?
    I wanted to get in the habit of writing, creatively, for myself and to find out what blogging was all about.  I wanted to expand my horizons and “meet” and talk to people from everywhere.
  • What have you learned about yourself through your blog?
    That I enjoy the camaraderie of finding out about other people, from everywhere and from different professions and walks of life.  They (you guys) inspire me.
  • When you aren’t blogging what do you do?
    Write creative stories, work on my book and drum up freelance business.
  • If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
    Europe
  • What’s your greatest vice?
    I procrastinate when it comes to doing things for myself sometimes and have problems saying no.  I’ve got others but why talk about those?
  • Who is/was your greatest influence in your life?
    My parents, I guess for all kinds of reasons.  My husband for all kinds of wonderful reasons.
  • Who is your favorite author?
    No way I can answer this as my tastes in reading vary as my moods do.
  • What music do you prefer to listen to?
    Same answer as above.  But, I don’t like bluegrass or that insane-like jazz that some people say they like because they say it’s cool, but it sounds like crazy horns and stuff just sporadically put together.  I’m sure there’s a rhyme and reason to it, but I just don’t get it.  I like jazz, just not the stuff I just described so poorly — there’s probably a name for it but I don’t know what it is.
  • If you could, who would you like to have cook for you?
    I’ve already got that.  Hubby does most of the cooking and he should be a chef.  He’s like an artiste at that and he loves it.
  • Imagine that you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you say?
    Buddha, Jesus Christ, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama and Viktor Frankel.  What’s the meaning of life and why can’t we all adapt to this peace thing you all ascribe to?
  • Are you happy?
    YES.  And grateful, always.

Since I know that some of you don’t engage in awards and then if I send it, you may feel pressure to respond, I’m just going to put all the above questions out there.  If you want to play, then please do so.  If not, that’s okay — it’s an open invitation to EVERYONE that follows this blog of mine, thank you so much — and you don’t have to link back to me or this post unless you want to.  I’d love to hear your answers and have a GREAT WEEKEND, my friends.

Here’s a song about hearts connecting — enjoy.  And peace.

Have a great weekend Comment

About Brigitte

Writer/Editor/Wanderer

Discussion

58 thoughts on “Happy Weekend and Some Other Stuff

  1. What a mellow song! Love it! You’re too cool Brigitte 🙂

    Posted by Honie Briggs | October 26, 2012, 1:04 pm
  2. Always fun to learn about you! And I’m with you on the quiet night in with a movie and popcorn. Sounds glorious to me. 🙂

    Posted by Carrie Rubin | October 26, 2012, 1:29 pm
    • Why thank you, I’m just so exciting. ;). I know, Carrie — isn’t that the best? We’ve got a hurricane headed our way so hopefully the electricity won’t fail us and that’s exactly what we’ll be doing — starting Monday. Have a great weekend and thank you.

      Posted by Brigitte | October 26, 2012, 2:31 pm
  3. I’ll have to figure out how to get on top of bridges – wayyy top – for photos. Suddenly, the ones from the ground look so…pedestrian! Movies and popcorn this rainy weekend, I think! xoM

    Posted by Margarita | October 26, 2012, 2:26 pm
  4. Congrats on your award Brigitte. Blessings to you.

    Posted by thehealthywarrior | October 26, 2012, 2:33 pm
  5. Brigitte,
    Like you, I love to drive and I think it is that control freak thing. I have a little two-seater periwinkle blue Chrysler Crossfire that has gotten me in trouble more than once. Peter helped me with a vanity tag – his idea – see if you can decifer it: XFYRGDS

    Have a good weekend and it’s nice to get to know more about you. Thanks for the great post.
    Cathy

    Posted by Cathy Ulrich | October 26, 2012, 2:34 pm
  6. Loved getting to learn more about you from these questions. I’m jealous that your husband likes cooking. Mine only likes grilling steak. I’ll take what I can get though.

    Posted by char | October 26, 2012, 2:35 pm
  7. I love that song! I’ll have to download it. I agree that a movie with popcorn with the hubby is divine. So simple. We haven’t managed to do this in a long time! By the time the kids are in bed, we’re exhausted. Have a wonderful weekend, too.

    Posted by The Bumble Files | October 26, 2012, 3:15 pm
  8. Love the quiet nights. 🙂 And my own music in the car, and Europe, and hubs cooking…. Heck, a lot of your answers match mine!

    Posted by jmmcdowell | October 26, 2012, 3:23 pm
  9. enjoy yours too …

    Posted by jensine | October 26, 2012, 4:29 pm
  10. Lovely to learn a little more about you :).

    Posted by becca3416 | October 26, 2012, 5:11 pm
  11. I dig your ideal evening, I too am jealous of your in house chef. I love that you prefer fiction– me too, totally. I am glad you decided to answer these. Fun to read about “you” even though we do see a spectacular view when you do your regular posts 🙂
    Have a great weekend Brigitte and thanks for stopping in at my place today. You made me smile today.

    Posted by unfetteredbs | October 26, 2012, 5:37 pm
    • Hey Audra, yes it doesn’t get any better than that (in my world anyway) and I just think a man who cooks is sexy. It bothers me that some people don’t read fiction — seriously, who doesn’t want to just “escape” and be entertained?? I noticed you answered some questions on your blog with your usual flair so if you want to take these and run with them, please do. Love getting those glimpses into my favorite peeps’ lives. Thank you for stopping by and have a glorious and relaxing weekend. :).

      Posted by Brigitte | October 26, 2012, 5:52 pm
  12. I learned a lot about you so quickly! You’re like my mom in that you like to drive. I think she likes the control of driving, but I also think she gets sick if she’s not driving. I love listening to my own music too. I always jump around on the radio until I find a song that I like and it annoys my husband. Haha! I just make lots of mixes so I don’t have to turn on the radio!
    Nice post! Have a great day!

    Posted by Lily | October 26, 2012, 5:56 pm
    • Your Mom is very cool. I adore her — we may not agree on everything, but she always respects my beliefs, and I hers. I don’t have much patience either, Lily, when it comes to a song I don’t like — I’ll do the same and if it’s nothing I like, I just turn it off. Thank you and I truly did understand what you were trying to say today on your post. You have a great weekend.

      Posted by Brigitte | October 26, 2012, 6:08 pm
  13. Lily beat me to it but I’d say that the first set of answers you gave describes me pretty perfectly. How funny! Control freaks unite! You and I are so much alike.
    Great questions. I do the same thing with awards. Whoever wants them, come and partake! It really is a nice compliment to be on someone’s list of favorite blogs. I’m surprised you don’t get awards everyday, Brigitte.
    Anyway, I feel like I’ve been on wordpress all day! Ugh. I didn’t get anything done.
    I hope you have a great weekend!
    Grippy
    xox

    Posted by A Gripping Life | October 26, 2012, 6:06 pm
    • Hey Grippy, your daughter is a smart, funny and intelligent young lady. I agree, we are alike in many things — that’s why we get along so well! Thanks for stopping in, Grippy, as always you are so kind and please partake of these questions if you’re so inclined — you have a great weekend too, my friend and be well. xxoo

      Posted by Brigitte | October 26, 2012, 6:10 pm
  14. I always love reading people’s answers to blogger questions. And it somehow makes me feel better that you’re a procrastinator too. I’ve been one my whole life, and it’s so hard for me to just buckle down and GET STUFF DONE.

    Have a great weekend, B!

    Posted by Madame Weebles | October 26, 2012, 7:57 pm
    • So do I! Would love for you to take it on — the questions, Weebs. And yeah, I’ve been that way too — not for others, mind you, but me yeah. Why do we do that? You have a great weekend too and be safe through the storm.

      Posted by Brigitte | October 27, 2012, 12:30 pm
  15. Are you happy? What a great one to end it on (I mean, considering that you are happy; if your answer was, “No, life is an unending series of grey, wretched days” then I’d maybe suggest STARTING with that).

    There’s too much interesting stuff in here to address point by point, but we share an interest in brisk walking and in listening to our own music (or in my case, books & lectures as well) in the car. Like you, my mom was a tremendous and beneficial influence in my life, as is my spouse. Also my grandmother, who turned 90 earlier this month and is still quite active.

    I absolutely don’t mind being the passenger. My wife likes to drive, and I am totally cool with that. First of all, my manhood is in no way defined by my vehicle, and secondly, on ever-so-rare occasions I have been known to use (quite legally, I hasten to add!) medical marijuana, so it’s better to be the passenger and enjoy the ride.

    And I love trains. Trains are cool.

    Posted by Smaktakula | October 26, 2012, 8:09 pm
    • You’re so funny, Smak. I like books on tape too because sometimes I get bored with music. Go Gran! My grandmother lived into her 90s as well. Glad you’re secure enough in your masculinity (no surprise) that your wife gets to be at the wheel — no matter what the circumstances. ;). Trains are my second choice, nice clean trains although I’ve yet to ride in one where I can sleep — that’d be nice. Have a great weekend!

      Posted by Brigitte | October 27, 2012, 12:33 pm
  16. Liebster = dearest! Congrats and I loved reading your answers to those questions!

    Posted by dianasschwenk | October 26, 2012, 8:28 pm
  17. nice to find out a little bit more about you –I too cannot name my favourite author as I like so many —

    Posted by on thehomefrontandbeyond | October 26, 2012, 8:36 pm
  18. Well, congratulations, girl ! They say lobsters have one true soulmate for life… maybe liebsters do, too???? Answer me that, Ms. Brigitte!!! 🙂

    Posted by Swimming In The Mud | October 26, 2012, 10:04 pm
  19. Thanks for participating in the excercise. My wife and I both got a chuckle out of your first answer. We both like to drive also, it makes for an interesting ride out in the car…

    Posted by Allan G. Smorra | October 26, 2012, 11:11 pm
  20. Fun stuff! I’ve said it before, but I really like when bloggers answer these questions because it’s a direct path into learning more about them as a person. 🙂 I’m like you in that I’d prefer to drive to places if I can. I think it’s a control freak AND a perfectionist thing. Sigh.

    Posted by lillianccc | October 26, 2012, 11:14 pm
  21. Thanks for the peek inside your world (mind)..Enjoy the weekend with hubby, movie and always some good, buttery popcorn (forget what the Doctor’s say, Butter is a must)

    Have a happy, sunshiney weekend!!!

    Posted by free penny press | October 27, 2012, 8:35 am
    • You’re welcome, Lynne. Thank you for reading and I hope you’ll answer them as well — it’s nice getting to know my friends a little better. Hopefully our electricity will stay on through the storm to watch movies. It’s weirdly warm here. You have a great weekend too!

      Posted by Brigitte | October 27, 2012, 12:41 pm
  22. Congrats on the award. It’s great getting to know more about you from these questions. Some of them got me thinking and I think I might have to take a crack at them myself.

    Posted by Storkhunter | October 27, 2012, 8:04 pm
  23. It’s always fun to learn a little bit more about my favourite bloggers. I am most intrigued by the question, “What have you learned about yourself as a blogger?” I’m learning that the more I document the good and the delicious in my life, the more good and delicious it feels. And on another note, I’m sending you good wishes from the West Coast as the hurricane approaches your part of the world. Take care.

    Posted by Deliberately Delicious | October 28, 2012, 5:33 pm
    • I agree, Sally about the blogging experience and you always have a way of describing things so uniquely and great! Thank you for the good wishes…storm is getting closer so we’ll hunker down and hope for the best. Thank you.

      Posted by Brigitte | October 29, 2012, 9:14 am

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Pingback: Good Clean Fun | honiebriggs - October 26, 2012

Leave a reply to unfetteredbs Cancel reply

Join 1,794 other subscribers

Archives

For Monday Musings

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2012-Infinity/All Rights Reserved forever and always, unless noted

Words of the Day

sheesh
/SHēSH/
exclamation

INFORMAL
exclamation: sheesh
  1. used to express disbelief or exasperation.
    “Sheesh! Why can’t you talk to me, you know, like normally?”
Origin
1950s: probably an alteration of jeez.